C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

"check owner's manual for noninoperable" indicator lite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c300 sport
Question "check owner's manual for noninoperable" indicator lite

hello,
after doing some high reving shifting with the esp off, the engine lite came on and also " check owner's manual for noninoperable" error message. the car idles at about 500 rpm with no throttle response and would creep up.
is there a reset for the software? any ideas or suggestions?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
What have you done now?

Originally Posted by mbc300
hello,
after doing some high reving shifting with the esp off, the engine lite came on and also " check owner's manual for noninoperable" error message. the car idles at about 500 rpm with no throttle response and would creep up.
is there a reset for the software? any ideas or suggestions?
Do you mean you were attempting drifting?

I can't wait to hear the answer to this one.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c300 sport
if i had special tires for drifting........yes! why don't you stick to driving like an old lady, better yet trade in your luxury model for a prius..........you don't deserve to drive a mercedes benz. the c300 sport is made for high reving, why do you think it has a high gear ratio for 1st gear you have to rev it up to get it going.......not drive like an old lady. and for your information when i had mentioned high rev shifting, i meant shifting upto redline not passed or reving at high rpm for a long time. next time you answer a question, keep your answer that pertains to the question......not being sarcastic!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Blooey?

Originally Posted by mbc300
if i had special tires for drifting........yes! why don't you stick to driving like an old lady, better yet trade in your luxury model for a prius..........you don't deserve to drive a mercedes benz. the c300 sport is made for high reving, why do you think it has a high gear ratio for 1st gear you have to rev it up to get it going.......not drive like an old lady. and for your information when i had mentioned high rev shifting, i meant shifting upto redline not passed or reving at high rpm for a long time. next time you answer a question, keep your answer that pertains to the question......not being sarcastic!
Now look here, Sonny. Once I get my walker stored in the back seat, my teeth stored in the console and my colostomy bag valve turned to off, I'll run you and your little cafe racer into the weeds at the track. I've got more track time than you've had driving to school time and BTW your car and mine have the same drive train.

Gotcha.