C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Add Phone Book Entries Manually?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4Matic
Question Add Phone Book Entries Manually?

I read through user manual and search forums but I can't find is there a way to enter contacts into the phone book manually.

Anyone know is that possible and how?

I know you can import VCards through Bluetooth, but alas that does not work with my iPhone and I want to store just few contacts in phone book anyway...
Old 12-29-2009, 12:52 PM

Very FAST!
I just manually put the numbers in to call, then it saves them. However, not sure how to add the name to verify who I am calling
Old 01-14-2010, 09:10 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
I just manually put the numbers in to call, then it saves them. However, not sure how to add the name to verify who I am calling
You can save the number with names . I did that . I think it has something to do with the address entry as well. or address book if i m not mistaken. Cant remeber now unless i see the menu . but yes you can add the numbers with names in the MB system along with the address of the person.

Most of the time i use the command > Navigate to or Dial for easy access to whom i wanna call or where i want to go. You can also add the name voice tags to the entries. It is an awesome system.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 PM

c300
I am also having this problem. I just got a C300 with the basic stereo (i do have satellite, not sure if that changes the features). I don't normally have problems with figuring out the technology, but it doesn't see to have a way to add a phone book contact manually unless you can send using vcard. Iphones don't send vcards.

Any info would be appreciated!!!

My only other idea is to somehow get my computer to transmit via bluetooth - then i can add my outlook contacts.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM

2008 c300 sport
Originally Posted by Hook 'Em 313
I am also having this problem. I just got a C300 with the basic stereo (i do have satellite, not sure if that changes the features). I don't normally have problems with figuring out the technology, but it doesn't see to have a way to add a phone book contact manually unless you can send using vcard. Iphones don't send vcards.

Any info would be appreciated!!!

My only other idea is to somehow get my computer to transmit via bluetooth - then i can add my outlook contacts.
Just this week I found out how to did. I have a C300 with the basic radio, a iPhone, and Mac Laptop. I found a program on the Mac name "Bluetooth vCard Blaster". It is a very basic program it just looks at your address book app on mac OSX and exports all the vcards and blast them to a pair bluetooth device. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can not choose which contacts to send. It takes everything. It is about $10 but it worked.

Here is a couple brief steps:
Sync iPhone with Address Book app on Mac OSX.
Use the bluetooth preferences on OSX to pair your mac laptop up with your MB Bluetooth system.
Open "Bluetooth vCard Blaster".
Select MB Bluetooth in the Choose button in vCard Blaster.
Set the Transfer Chunks to a high number like 500. (If not you will have to keep hit ok after each contact)
uncheck "Allow me to acknowledge each transfer"
In the Radio scroll to the phone list and highlight you Mac Laptop from the list. Navigate over to option and hit accept business card.
once it is searching hit "Go" in Bluetooth vCard Blaster.
Now enjoy having your contacts in your car!!!!

The only issue I saw with this is that I had a lot of numbers show up without names but I think that was because my address book is messy not the MB Radio Bluetooth system. If I find another way of selecting which contacts you can import I will repost.

By the way I am sure there are similar programs on windows that have the same functions as Bluetooth vCard Blaster. The important thing is to make sure that your laptop has bluetooth.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by mecaudio
The only issue I saw with this is that I had a lot of numbers show up without names but I think that was because my address book is messy not the MB Radio Bluetooth system.
It could be either one or perhaps a little of both. I have a Blackberry and a Mac. My Address Book app in OS X syncs with the Blackberry and then I transfer the contacts from the Blackberry to my car. The first time I did it, I ended up with a bunch of numbers in the car that had no name even though they have names in my computer and in my phone. Address Book allows you to have contacts that aren't people but are actually just a company name with a phone number. I have several contacts like that and I figured out that the MB system doesn't recognize the Company name field so all those contacts showed up as just a number.

What I did was go through Address Book and for all those Company contacts, paste the company name into the Last Name field. Now they show up in the car with the name and the number.

Hopefully this helps.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:51 PM

c300
If anyone can tell me how to add phone numbers and names to the contacts list on the C300 (not command system) I need help.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC250 Coupe
a tip... you can use the number pad in the center console to type your names.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:32 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Kaewen
a tip... you can use the number pad in the center console to type your names.

Can you elaborate some on that Karen. I finally found out how to vcard all my contacts from the phone at once. But how can I add manually to the list.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC250 Coupe
Originally Posted by srballard
Can you elaborate some on that Karen. I finally found out how to vcard all my contacts from the phone at once. But how can I add manually to the list.
in the telephone screen, flip the command knob up to go to the top menu.
sélect Tel and a drop down menu will prompt you if you want the Telephone or Address Book.

Once you select the Address Book, there will be a "NEW" command on the bottom for you to select and add a name.