C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Color suggestions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:03 AM

E200C-Fully loaded, Obsidian Black, ILS, Panoramic roof and some other bits and pieces.
Color suggestions.

My current C class is a Palladium silver and I would like to have a different color for my new car which will be a 2011 facelift model.
My first choice was a totally new shade of dark beige but then I was told by my dealer that it only is possible in combination with the special package and not the sports package AMG.
My previous Mercedes B class was obsidian black and it’s a scratch magnet and as such is not an option.
My wife is fond of the pure white and it would be a perfect color match with the panoramic sunroof but I have my doubts as I think it will be hard to keep the car clean and regular carwash visits will be inevitable.
So what do you guys think I should go for?
Old 01-03-2010 | 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
My current C is also Palladium. Good choice! There was a new bright metallic sky blue color which a dealer posted on this forum several months ago. I have not seen one in person, but it looked great in photos and would absolutely look new and different!
Old 01-03-2010 | 11:12 AM

2009 C300 Luxury
My vote is for white. Sure it shows a lot of dirt, but all you have to do is spray it off with a hose and voila! car looks good. Hard to see swirls and water spots on white, the only major concern is rail dust (which comes off pretty easily with a clay bar treatment).

I always thought white would be tough to maintain, but my previous car (Infiniti G37) was a gorgeous white and despite Nissan's notoriously soft paint, was extremely easy to keep clean (even washing just once a week).

Opted for Black on my C300...

Now I've been driven to complete madness because of the swirls!
Old 01-03-2010 | 11:14 AM

C204
Originally Posted by Sportstick
My current C is also Palladium. Good choice! There was a new bright metallic sky blue color which a dealer posted on this forum several months ago. I have not seen one in person, but it looked great in photos and would absolutely look new and different!
Someone in my building complex has it and to be completely honest, unless you're a blonde chick it won't work well.

I would recommend going with steel grey. Absolutely beautiful color and it doesn't require as much attention as black.
Old 01-03-2010 | 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by alexlev
Someone in my building complex has it and to be completely honest, unless you're a blonde chick it won't work well.

I would recommend going with steel grey. Absolutely beautiful color and it doesn't require as much attention as black.
That's a fairly narrow target market!!

http://dealerrevs.com/gallery/22935888.html

It seems like the equivalent blue value of what grey is to Palladium...a moderate metallic, but a bit over on the color spectrum...as a dark-hair, but balding guy, I must say I like it, although part of it may be its newness. All the non-color colors (black/white/silver/gray, etc.) are classic, but don't really bring anything new or interesting along.
Old 01-03-2010 | 12:06 PM

C204
That's a fairly narrow target market!!
I read the memo from MBUSA to sales reps . . "All Quartz Blue C300s MUST be sold to blondes."

as a dark-hair, but balding guy, I must say I like it, although part of it may be its newness. All the non-color colors (black/white/silver/gray, etc.) are classic, but don't really bring anything new or interesting along.
I get what you mean, but I still feel that in person the color is a little TOO much. It's a lot brighter than in those pictures. Barolo Red IMO is a gorgeous color . . Maybe it would suit your needs?
Old 01-03-2010 | 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Barolo is a beautiful color, indeed!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/1507420499.html
Old 01-03-2010 | 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Originally Posted by Reed19x
Now I've been driven to complete madness because of the swirls!
I know what you mean. Should have picked the white C sitting beside the black one!
Old 01-03-2010 | 03:38 PM

\
White is definitely the popular color right now, but my friend just got the new AMG C class in the metallic capri blue and it looks awesome. There's always iridium silver like mine! Car washing is a fairly pointless metric for deciding, not only will you find yourself cleaning your car whenever you want it to look it's best, but it will always look its best when it is clean, and that's what counts.

Last edited by Peabody; 01-03-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2010 | 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by Peabody
White is definitely the popular color right now, but my friend just got the new AMG C class in the metallic capri blue and it looks awesome. There's always iridium silver like mine! Car washing is a fairly pointless metric for deciding, not only will you find yourself cleaning your car whenever you want it to look it's best, but it will always look its best when it is clean, and that's what counts.
Can't go wrong with Iridium Silver
Old 01-04-2010 | 12:19 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Red

Originally Posted by alexlev
I read the memo from MBUSA to sales reps . . "All Quartz Blue C300s MUST be sold to blondes."

I get what you mean, but I still feel that in person the color is a little TOO much. It's a lot brighter than in those pictures. Barolo Red IMO is a gorgeous color . . Maybe it would suit your needs?
I've been enjoying my Barolo Red C300 for two+ years and it's surprising how many compliments I get from the ordinary person walking by, likely on the way to their silver Honda.

I would NEVER choose a color based on how little I had to wash it. That's what the Camry people do.