C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Clear sidemarker cracked....paint perhaps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Clear sidemarker cracked....paint perhaps?

Hey guys, I got some clear sidemarkers a while back and when I got them, they were fine. I bought them from this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...#ht_500wt_1182 seller. I had very minor issues when I first got them. The only thing I didn't like was that the black outlining was sort of faded at certain parts, but others have reported similar issues. But now on my passenger side sidemarker, there is a crack, well more of a chip on the inside. There isn't any condensation build up or anything, it's just that a piece of the outlying plastic has chipped on the inside.

Since the seller doesn't accept returns, I was thinking of painting the outer rim of the sidemarkers as well as the black lining. I was wondering where I could get these painted though. I can easily do the job myself with some tape and a can of spraypaint, but I want the paint to match. Any ideas? I don't think any dealers sell spraypaint :[ I'll post pics soon.

Makes me kinda regret not going with these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...Q5fAccessories to begin with.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
I don't think they'd look right if you painted the edge of the side markers.
Also, I've never seen those side markers in the 2nd link.
Maybe you saw my thread about the side markers with the faded black outline.
I returned them and bought a pair from goodstuffs4u.
I think you should just buy a new pair.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Would they look weird honestly? :[ Well. Not 100% sure about that. And I honestly don't like the ones from goodstuffs4u as much because they don't really seem like reflectors. (Yes that doesn't make sense, but here's my explanation) The normal reflectors you can't really see through and are made to sort of in a way, mirror the outside, or basically "reflect." What I don't like about Goodstuffs4u's is that it's just a clear covering over the housing. The bulb is a bit too visible and no offense intended, but IMO, they look sort of cheap. :/ I think I may just choose the outcome that costs less. I already spent $50 on my current ones and that seems like a premium as it is. Yes I'm kinda cheap, but I can afford it. BUT that doesn't mean I don't want to save up! Quick question, how did you return them!? D:
Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Maybe it's too late for you, but right after I put them on and saw how loose they were and noticed silver paint on some parts of the black outline, I messaged him on ebay and he said he'd refund me the money right after he receives them back in the mail.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Blahhh. I was able to live with the faded black, but the crack is starting to bug me now. It's actually raining here a bit now, so I'm going to see how they last. Otherwise, I'll be ordering some new ones ASAP.