C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

w204 front strut bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM
cwz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
would anyone had the bar installed please post some detail pics here, i would like to see the clearance betweem the bar and the rubber seal, thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM

E350
Originally Posted by wnunez89
ok so i got in contact with Jay from MB arts and this is what he had to say regarding a group buy:
"For a group buy, I would would need to get 5+ orders. Since the strut tower brace has a very low profit margin, $25.00 is the maximum discount that can be given and for the group buy MB Arts will cover the sales tax. Cost would be $325.00 shipping not included. Retail for each brace is $382.00 with tax, for a total GB discount of roughly $57.00

I also carry W204 camber arms and can do a group buy on those as well. The camber arms GB can be 4+ members with a discount of $25.00, and MB Arts will cover the sales tax. Cost would be $315.00 shipping not included. Retail for each pair of camber arms is $371.00 with tax, for a GB discount of roughly $56.00"

so....do we wanna make this happen???

My is sold and I sold it for $200 for all of you who waited and lost out on a great deal.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
RENNtech offers front & rear struts for under a grand each.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
Originally Posted by tlmbenzc350
My is sold and I sold it for $200 for all of you who waited and lost out on a great deal.
cool
Old 04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by MiamiAMG
RENNtech offers front & rear struts for under a grand each.
Overpriced and crappy multi-piece design. Does look sexy though.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Overpriced and crappy multi-piece design. Does look sexy though.
Out of curiosity, do you have one? Why do you think it's crappy? I've met a couple of people with them, & they have told me the exact opposite.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Sportstick / AZN - How difficult is the install for the anti - sways in these cars?

Also, is this car in really need of the strut tower brace or are most doing it for the great visual mod it is with the hood open?? I really think it corners flat as is and I drive everything hard...I did put one on my CTS due to body roll which was very evident in that big, less engineered car, but as I said, this 350 seems to corner very flat even at high speeds? Are you guys tracking or auto crossing or anything to need this upgrade?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
Out of curiosity, do you have one? Why do you think it's crappy? I've met a couple of people with them, & they have told me the exact opposite.
simply: one solid piece is better than multi piece not to mention a single piece is more durable. and since its made by Renntech its off the bat over priced. lol.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wnunez89
simply: one solid piece is better than multi piece not to mention a single piece is more durable. and since its made by Renntech its off the bat over priced. lol.
Pretty much what wnunez89 said. Crappy was perhaps a little harsh. Multi-piece are still ok, but won't be as durable as a single piece. And we've installed a couple at our shop and taken a ride, but I stand by the MB Arts one as the better functional design (although not the sexiest). Comes down to form vs function. And add to that the lol Renntech prices...
Old 04-19-2011, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Pretty much what wnunez89 said. Crappy was perhaps a little harsh. Multi-piece are still ok, but won't be as durable as a single piece. And we've installed a couple at our shop and taken a ride, but I stand by the MB Arts one as the better functional design (although not the sexiest). Comes down to form vs function. And add to that the lol Renntech prices...
Gotcha
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Scat01
Sportstick / AZN - How difficult is the install for the anti - sways in these cars?

Also, is this car in really need of the strut tower brace or are most doing it for the great visual mod it is with the hood open?? I really think it corners flat as is and I drive everything hard...I did put one on my CTS due to body roll which was very evident in that big, less engineered car, but as I said, this 350 seems to corner very flat even at high speeds? Are you guys tracking or auto crossing or anything to need this upgrade?
Was really easy for me to install...all I had to do was swipe my credit card

For 99% of people out there, you don't need a strut brace. For those who like to take mountain twisties or track their vehicle, it's a step in your total suspension setup (along with coilovers, sway bars, camber arms, etc)
Old 04-19-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
but I stand by the MB Arts one as the better functional design (although not the sexiest). Comes down to form vs function.
I was looking at that one awhile back. So you recommend it? Those are pretty easy to install right? Have you seen it in red? I'd like to know how close to MB red (brake calipers) it is?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:35 PM

2011 C300 Sport
What's difference in strut bar vs the anti sway bars?

I am interested in doing something to fix the understeer on turns
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Scat01

The front install is quite easy, and doable in about 30 minutes. The most difficult part is splitting open the bushing brackets to re-use with the new Eibach bushings. The rear is a completely different story...3 hours of labor. The brakes come off, the exhaust comes down, the rear subframe must be loosened and slightly dropped to get the old bar out and new one in. I did driver around with the front bar only for a while, and with the tighter front, the responsiveness did improve to a point, but the chassis balance was biased to understeer at the limits. Adding the rear bar restored a more neutral balance.

The end result is clearly worth the time. The change in the car's dynamics is quite significant and knowing this, I would do it again.

As for the strut tower brace, I have decided not to pursue it. Based on a combination of opinions, for the W204 body with its rigidity, I have concluded that this is added weight and cost for little to no real benefit, possibly short of competition/track driving, which I do not do and/or unless you are motivated primarily by underhood cosmetics...of no importance to me. However, the added smile-per-turn ratio goes up quite a bit with the antisway bars!!

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
I was looking at that one awhile back. So you recommend it? Those are pretty easy to install right? Have you seen it in red? I'd like to know how close to MB red (brake calipers) it is?

I've seen in raw, black, and orange. Have not seen red. It's very easy to install. If you can unscrew a bolt, you can install these no sweat.