C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Looking at a used C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350?
Looking at a used C350

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a 2008 C350 Sport w/ 26,000 miles and what I believe is the Saks Special Edition options. I test drove the car this morning and really liked it and have spent a few hours researching the car on these forums - but I have a couple unanswered questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1) Is it the Saks Special Edition? The dealer didn't know but it has the beige seats, black dash/carpet, black obsidian paint, 18" AMG wheels, nav system, harmon kardon, etc. I believe this combo was only available on the Saks package.

2) Can the nav system be programmed while moving using voice recognition?

3) Can radio station info (frequency, etc.) be displayed on the speedo display when using the nav or when hiding the 7" display?

4) Are there any problem areas with the C350 that I should check out on this car. It seems that the MB warranty is transferable so maybe that isn't so much of an issue.

As I said, I really like the car and was surprised how well it fit me even though I'm 6'5" and 280 lbs. Luckily, it will be used for mainly for my long drives to work so I'm not too worried about fitting the kids in the back seat.

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Old 02-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
[QUOTE=mpcart;3938151]Hello,

I am considering purchasing a 2008 C350 Sport w/ 26,000 miles and what I believe is the Saks Special Edition options. I test drove the car this morning and really liked it and have spent a few hours researching the car on these forums - but I have a couple unanswered questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

Sounds great - I always wanted the Saks Special Edition vehicle, but alas, no 4matic...

1) Is it the Saks Special Edition? The dealer didn't know but it has the beige seats, black dash/carpet, black obsidian paint, 18" AMG wheels, nav system, harmon kardon, etc. I believe this combo was only available on the Saks package.

Sounds like it to me!

2) Can the nav system be programmed while moving using voice recognition?

Yes, you simply hit the voice control button on the steering wheel and say "enter destination" and just keep up the convo ;-)

3) Can radio station info (frequency, etc.) be displayed on the speedo display when using the nav or when hiding the 7" display?

Yes, and yes. Use the right and left arrow buttons on the steering wheel to change modes for this display to audio/radio mode.

4) Are there any problem areas with the C350 that I should check out on this car. It seems that the MB warranty is transferable so maybe that isn't so much of an issue.

Overall the C300/C350 has been a rock solid vehicle for mercedes-benz... perhaps someone with a 350 can chime in, but I think the issues are the same for both -- and not many at all.

As I said, I really like the car and was surprised how well it fit me even though I'm 6'5" and 280 lbs. Luckily, it will be used for mainly for my long drives to work so I'm not too worried about fitting the kids in the back seat.

You'll find its very comfortable - love the heated seats, etc.
Best of luck!