C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

people with h&r supersports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
people with h&r supersports

i am going to lower my car this saturday .. i wanted the super sports but the guy at the shop is saying that super sports make noises especially when there are passengers.... is this true anyone with supersport encounter these noises??? i am about to just put sports on with spring pads if this is true.

i was also wondering what the perfect license plate lights are and where exactly can i buy one???? i am looking for the white kind.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by paulsta420
i am going to lower my car this saturday .. i wanted the super sports but the guy at the shop is saying that super sports make noises especially when there are passengers.... is this true anyone with supersport encounter these noises??? i am about to just put sports on with spring pads if this is true.

i was also wondering what the perfect license plate lights are and where exactly can i buy one???? i am looking for the white kind.
I plan on putting in H&R Supersports as well so I hope someone chimes in here.

Here you can buy led's for your license plate...this is what I used in my last car. I haven't put them in the C yet since it hasn't been delivered yet.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...-p6985865.html
Old 02-15-2010, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
im not gonna tell you guys what to do, but look at it this way.. super sports are more of an agressive drop than sports, soo it pays a much bigger toll on your stock shocks, since our shocks were designed to go with our stock springs.. when you throw in super sports the shocks are gonna be compressed more than normal.. at all times! i have a friend who used super sports in his g35 and his back tires were wearing uneven.. soo he had to get a camber kit.. the car looks great slammed but hey theres alot to think about..
Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigigg
im not gonna tell you guys what to do, but look at it this way.. super sports are more of an agressive drop than sports, soo it pays a much bigger toll on your stock shocks, since our shocks were designed to go with our stock springs.. when you throw in super sports the shocks are gonna be compressed more than normal.. at all times! i have a friend who used super sports in his g35 and his back tires were wearing uneven.. soo he had to get a camber kit.. the car looks great slammed but hey theres alot to think about..
He is asking about squeeking not the shocks. I have had lowering springs on ALL my cars and have always used stock shocks. I called H&R and they said they are made for the stock shocks. It only lowers the sport models and inch anyway which is nothing. Any yeah if you go too low you need to correct camber with a camber kit so that your tires where evenly.

G35's btw are notorious for uneven tire wear even on the oem suspension.

I don't want to buy springs that squeek and that's what we are trying to find out.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Originally Posted by mr inkredibul
He is asking about squeeking not the shocks. I have had lowering springs on ALL my cars and have always used stock shocks. I called H&R and they said they are made for the stock shocks. It only lowers the sport models and inch anyway which is nothing. Any yeah if you go too low you need to correct camber with a camber kit so that your tires where evenly.

G35's btw are notorious for uneven tire wear even on the oem suspension.

I don't want to buy springs that squeek and that's what we are trying to find out.
ok well im just letting him know what other problems he may encounter besides "squeeking" if he goes too low.. i can easily keep my .02 to myself and let people find things out the hard way
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigigg
ok well im just letting him know what other problems he may encounter besides "squeeking" if he goes too low.. i can easily keep my .02 to myself and let people find things out the hard way
No need to be ornery we value your .02 here and everyone else's. No one knows everything otherwise we wouldn't have the need for a forum.

Last edited by mr inkredibul; 02-16-2010 at 01:07 AM.