C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Jynx'd Myself... (Fog Light)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Jynx'd Myself... (Fog Light)

Listen to my luck... Last night I was browsing the forums and I was reading about all these people with cracked fog light lenses and how costly it was to replace them. Low and behold this morning I got a pebble sized hole in my passenger side fog lamp lens... Just my luck.

I have a couple of questions though. Being that this car is a lease, I guess I would have to used the OEM parts for upwards of $100 not including install (I will try to DIY). But because I was looking to upgrade to HID's anyway. Is it possible to just order an HID version for about the same price; or do I need the OEM housing, and then have to order the HID bulb separately?

Also, if I don't buy out the car at the end of the lease, but upgrade to HID, do I just leave them in, have to swap for originals, or can I just change bulb back to halogen. This is ridiculous how many people are having this happen. MB should do a recall or fix the lens for free should they crack...
Old 02-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09' E350 AMG Sport, 09' C300, 03' Honda S2K
It not a disign flaw,it just the chances of having it cracked. I have notice that every foglights no matter how it is design, it still have the possibility of cracking just like a rock chipping a windshield. The way our foglights are design are probably more sensitive to road debris but I personally love how it stick out instead of being hidden. A protective film should take care of your foglight protection.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 4Matic Sport
After much looking around for the part and local shops to install it for me I just sucked it up and had the dealer replace my broken one. Cost me $250
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very FAST!
Me too, afterward, I ordered the films from Lamin-x. I also decided to cover the head lights as well. These will def lighten the blow of pebbles and such, but rocks at a high speed may be a bit much.