C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Keyless Go, Gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Keyless Go, Gone

I've had my 2010 C300 for about 2 months and only have a couple of minor issues:

1) I have an intermittant mal funciton of the keyless go. When I exit the car and attempt to lock it with the sensor pads on the door handles, the car will not lock with any of them. I have tried re-opened the doors, turning on and off the power at the ignition button, etc., but the doors will not lock. I have to lock them with the key fob. But the problem only happens intermittanly; so unless it is a known issue, the dealer will have a problem duplicating it. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the fix?

2) Phone System - I must be missing something, but how do I avoid this problem....if my passenger is talking on the phone system and I turn off the engine and get out, all of the power in the car goes off when I open the drivers door and of course the call is cut off. Is there a way to keep the phone system active so the passenger can stay on the call once the engine is off and a door is opened?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GMBZ
I've had my 2010 C300 for about 2 months and only have a couple of minor issues:

1) I have an intermittant mal funciton of the keyless go. When I exit the car and attempt to lock it with the sensor pads on the door handles, the car will not lock with any of them. I have tried re-opened the doors, turning on and off the power at the ignition button, etc., but the doors will not lock. I have to lock them with the key fob. But the problem only happens intermittanly; so unless it is a known issue, the dealer will have a problem duplicating it. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the fix?
When you can't lock your cars via the outside sensor pads, try looking through the drivers side window into the main screen in the gauge cluster. It may show up with your reason as to why it won't lock. Only two things I can think of are that would cause your Keyless GO to not lock your car are a) your key is inside the vehicle or b) your key is too far away from your car when you are touching the sensor. You need to be within a foot or so with your key or the doors will not unlock and it has to be at the same sensor you are trying to lock with. Your passenger cannot lock the car on the other side when the key is in your pocket.

Originally Posted by GMBZ
2) Phone System - I must be missing something, but how do I avoid this problem....if my passenger is talking on the phone system and I turn off the engine and get out, all of the power in the car goes off when I open the drivers door and of course the call is cut off. Is there a way to keep the phone system active so the passenger can stay on the call once the engine is off and a door is opened?
Don't open your door until the call is finished. It's a bluetooth connection, so you lose sound for about 10 seconds when the car shuts off and disconnects from your phone. After you open your door and wait about 10 seconds, the call should still be on your phone via the handset. I don't think the car shuts off if the passenger doors are open, only the drivers door. Haven't tried that yet.