C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

key on power in trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
key on power in trunk?

im looking for a key on power source (only gets power when car is on) that i can tap into. i found a fuse box on the right side of the trunk. in the "purple" section there are 2 fuses and one is 15amp. does anyone know if this ok to use if i add a fuse tap? any other ideas?

tia-chris
Old 03-27-2010, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by ...its-low...
im looking for a key on power source (only gets power when car is on) that i can tap into. i found a fuse box on the right side of the trunk. in the "purple" section there are 2 fuses and one is 15amp. does anyone know if this ok to use if i add a fuse tap? any other ideas?

tia-chris
Your MB hand book should tell you which equipment these fuses service. You should know how many amps the new equipment you are installing draws. Then make the decision whether to use those fuses. The modern car is sensitive to new electrical equipment. I would really use the services of a up to date auto electrician or at least gain some advice from him or her.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, 330i, MDX
Originally Posted by ...its-low...

tia-chris
You're probably better off installing an in-line fuse from your main line for your add-on through a relay activated by ignition/power on line.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Fuzzes

Originally Posted by Carsy
Your MB hand book should tell you which equipment these fuses service. You should know how many amps the new equipment you are installing draws. Then make the decision whether to use those fuses. The modern car is sensitive to new electrical equipment. I would really use the services of a up to date auto electrician or at least gain some advice from him or her.
Your fuse layout is on a folded sheet of paper in with the tools on top of the spare tire.

What are you going to using the 12V pickup for?