C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Fan moving fast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240, 2001
Fan moving fast

can someone please help me, i had left my car parked for a while away on holiday, when i got back my A/C wasn't cooling, i filled the gas and since then i noticed that when i start the car and switched on the A/C my fan suddenly starts moving very fast and makes this noise like an air plane is about to take off. when i witch off the a/c it remains like this for a while after which the noise stops.
i have checked i my a/c is overcharged but its not, don't know what is wrong. the only other thing i observed is that my on-board computer reads -41F for the outside temp, which obviously is wrong cos i live in Africa where the temp doesn't drop blow 30C.

Last edited by oluyemipalmer; 03-30-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 c300 sport
I had that same problem a week or two ago. Instead of actually starting my car, all I did was unlock it and the fan at the front of the car came on full blast. Lasted for about 30 seconds until it finally died down. Like you said, it sounded like an airplane was taking off so I didn't touch my car after that.. Next day I got it towed to MB and they kept it there for about two days. Said it was an electrical problem. Forgot exactly what they said but I'll try to find out for you again. I would say that the best thing to do is just bring it to MB and get it checked out.