C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Want a C - But the seats!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6-speed 2010 C300 Sport P2, Multimedia+ Command+, Advanced Agility Control Panorama White on black
Originally Posted by C300Sport
The 2009 A4 has a lot of hits and misses. The four cylinder is really strong but even louder...and not the good kinda loud. It's just too course and rough sounding. The interior is styled nicely but just doesn't feel as solid/substantial as the C Class. The plastics are the hard, brittle type. It does offer a bit more room in the back by an inch or so and offers leather as standard.
I really like the car but always come away thinking it seems half baked...like they should have put about six months more into refining the little things that end up bugging the crap out of someone.
I Just gotta say, Mr. C300Sport, I LOVE how you put that. We drive Mercedes becuase we EXPECT things to be done right. Amazing too, that Audi would slip up like that
Old 04-02-2010, 07:25 PM

6-speed 2010 C300 Sport P2, Multimedia+ Command+, Advanced Agility Control Panorama White on black
BACK TO THE TOPIC...

As for the seats... I usually make adjustments in almost any car I drive from time to time depending on how thick my jacket is or if I'm driving with heavy thick soled shoes or if it's a long trip or late at night or if I just want to get into driving more. But it all comes back to that "sweet spot" people keep mentioning. Google "optimal driving comfort position". Once you understand the basic ergonomics for driving, you'll only need minor adjustments on occasion to suit you subconscious 'mood changes' at most. Get the C. Just do it.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Take a gander to the variety of optional seats and, if you cannot wait the time to order what you wish talk to the dealer -not the salesman- and have him bring the seats and ancillary hardware you want for his ulterior installation promised in writing on the sales bill.

So, unless you wish a change made for free, your options are considerable.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 PM

W203-4M W163
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Seat comfort is about as subjective as color preference. With the variety of body sizes and shapes, lumbar support requirements, etc., there is no one design which satisfies everyone. I recall working with a couple of seat suppliers and listening to the challenges they face and seeing their pressure mapping programs. They do their best to satisfy the widest range they car, based on technical assessments of respondent feedback in seat comfort research. I find the C Class seats just about perfect, but am decidedly less comfortable in my wife's E Class seats.....I'm just built that way. If C Class seats are not comfortable for you, move on to something else. This isn't a matter of better or worse, you just need something different because an uncomfortable seat is just not worth enduring.
+1!

Had a brand new Hyundai Sante Fe as a rental last week--drove 120 miles and my back was starting to bother me--super soft seats. When I got back to my C, I nearly wept with joy--seats were perfect, fit me like a glove, a good reminder of one of the reasons I love my car (along with not drifting all over the road at 70MPH, being able to hear the music rather than the engine and wind noise, and the garish purple Walt Disney lighting all over the place that was so bright and overdone that it was difficult to drive at night, and the cheap interior materials that were destined for the rattle trap hall of fame within 50K).
Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Seats

Originally Posted by jpnwdc
I am sooo on the fence about a new C300 Sport 4-matic. I have a 2007 SLK280 and would like to upsize to a sedan. But the seats in the C - ugh! My first BMW 325i (back in the 90s) took a while to get used to. But I am not sure if I should take the chance with the C300.

Anyone on here have the same issue? Did you eventually get used to them? I know this is subjective but I love the C300 otherwise!
I think you will get used to them. My previous car was a 2001 C320 with memory seating and the leather seats were OK, nothing more. When I first got my C300 I was fiddling with the seat position for a while (not easy) because they were so different but I soon became accustomed to them and now they are just fine.

There are so many good things about the W204 that the seats cannot be a reason to reject the car.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300, ML350
Hello,
My first post and unfortunately its not a positive one I purchased 2008 c300 sport few weeks back (40k miles) from a non mercedes dealer (it was a VW dealer). Test drove the car for about 15 min and I have to admit I should have test drove it much longer. What drew me to this vehicle was mainly it looks- love the aggressive look of the vehicle but I was not happy with the interior-- felt and looked cheap. But overall I was pleased with the vehicle and made the purchase. Well now starting to have buyer remorse for the following reasons
1) again the interior , its just feels and looks too cheap, now my other car is no luxury sedan-- its a 2008 camry le but for some reason I find the quality of the camry better
2) seats!! I just cannot get used to the seat, I try to find that sweet spot but just cant find it. I feel as if there is lack of seat padding, it kinda feels like I am sinking in the seat-- do any of you C class owners have this problem?, it feels as if the seats need more padding and support. btw, I am a big guy- 6 foot 2 -- 200 pounds--- ya I know I should have bought a bigger car-- but this is all I could afford at the moment.

My mistake: I should have test drove this car for longer period of time and should have not rushed into making this purchase. Well I just hope I can used to this car. Please let me know if any of you experience the same problem. Thanks

Last edited by c3002008; 11-21-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: mistake