C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

new c300 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
new c300 owner

picked up my c300 on thursday. thanks to some help from some members here. i was a previous BMW owner, let me break it down.

So far i love the car except for the automatic tranny, looked all over for a manual, couldnt find one. some of the issues i had prior to getting it was the fake leather and the xenon headlights. also couldnt find a P2 packaged white with AMG wheels. those wheels are so hard. had to have them and love them. as for the fake leather, not too bad, dont mind it. the headlights are descent. not xenon but bright white enough for me. I dont live in the sticks, so it shouldnt be an issue.

let me tell you what i LOVE about this car. I LOVE THE SEATBELT CHIME. finally, a car that doesnt drive you insane for the first couple of minutes. Its my choice to wear the seatbelt, and i could never understand how you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle but your forcing me to wear a seatbelt. yes it saves lives, but it also makes driving uncomfortable. thats what air bags are for anyways. I can barely hear the chime and i am loving it.

one thing i cant understand and maybe someone here can help me figure it out. I have an iphone 3gs and the bluetooth cant show me my contacts. It only shows me the phone number calling and i think thats ridiculous coming from a benzo. I had the stock, cheap looking radio in my BMW and it had my contacts. is there anyway to fix that? is there anything in the future that will fix that?

I havnt played with the ipod connection thing in the glove box (why is it in the glove box by the way)..i am either going to buy a cheap ipod and put it in there and leave it there or a little hard drive. using sirius right now, but doubt i ll renew it. it only has like 6 stations i like and sometimes even the music sucks.

will post pics after i tint the windows, it isnt ready to show until then. how much should i expect to pay for a tint job? there isnt anything special about tinting a benzo i hope. anyways, so far so good, lovin it
Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Congratulations and many miles and years of safe and happy driving!!

As you make your decisions, just some more info for you to consider....seat belts have two purposes, 1) keep you inside the vehicle and prevent ejection, and 2) keep you in the proper position for which the airbag inflation is designed. The airbag will only deploy in a delta V (change in velocity) of the vehicle of approximately 9-14 miles per hour in a short time clip measured in milliseconds. That is not driving speed...that is the amount of deceleration the car has to experience to trigger the bags. If you hit a Honda Civic, it will absorb most of the impact, so your car will be less likely to experience the needed rate of deceleration in the required time than if you hit a high mass Suburban. Also, if the hit is concentrated in one spot, such as hitting a pole, most of the structure may absorb the impact at a sub-threshold delta v. But, there still could be plenty of energy involved for you to hit the steering wheel or windshield, if you were lucky enough for your kinematics to be only straight ahead and not have an angled component. Ever see those bowling ball shaped bulges in windshields of vehicles equipped with air bags? Or, you could fly out through the side window, which is easier if it's open, but it happens in either condition, as the hit may also not have blown the side bag either.

It is true that FMVSS 208 requires testing of unbelted dummies, but they are in the proper position and have not been jostled around from pre-impact or first hit forces. So, overall (other than your philosophy about the legal requirement), you have a choice about wearing belts, but it's best to do your analysis with full information.........and whatever you decide, Darwin usually wins!

Again, congrats on getting a great new car!! Cheers

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-03-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:56 PM

2010 C300 4M Sport-1969 Camaro SS-2007 Harley Davidson Street Glide
I have not played with the contact list in mine as of yet....the tint, which is a fabulous addition to the White C300...I had done for $225...20% on all 7 windows. Looks fantastic.

As far as the "fake" Leather. The MB Tex is the highest grade of vinyl you can get...it will outlast Leather 10 to 1 and most people cannot tell the difference.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Cyclopsracer
I have not played with the contact list in mine as of yet....the tint, which is a fabulous addition to the White C300...I had done for $225...20% on all 7 windows. Looks fantastic.

As far as the "fake" Leather. The MB Tex is the highest grade of vinyl you can get...it will outlast Leather 10 to 1 and most people cannot tell the difference.
yeah thats what people on here said about the fake leather. as for the iphone, i copied the contacts to my sim card and then i am gonna use a razor to sych the contacts, then put the iphone back on the bluetooth. it just sucks cause when you add a contact, youd have to do that again. what a disappointment from MB....i know they say its iphone, but they should of made it so it worked with the iphone. my beamer worked perfectly with the iphone, i dont get this vcard crap.

i cant wait to get it tinted, same as yours, 20% all away around
Old 04-04-2010, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
How does the seatbelt chime not bother you?...it drives me insane. I wear my seatbelt bc I've had friends die from not wearing them and I'd rather not be next....but every time someone gets in my car and doesn't put theirs on that stupid beeping starts. I wait a little bit to see if they get the hint, if not I end up screaming PUT YOUR EFFING SEAT BELT ON. It's that irritating.

Oh, congrats on the ride.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:39 AM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
We just picked up a C300 Sport. It's a great car. As far as the Sirius radio, there are a bunch of channels. Didn't seem to be there the first day, but checking it today showed dozens of channels. There should be a pamphlet in the car showing how many channels Sirius has. Here's the channel guide:

http://www.sirius.com/channelguide

You may need to call Sirius to activate it, but we didn't have to.

As far as adding the contacts, sure took me a while to figure it out. You have to play around with the car's phone menus until you find the menu where it says to add contacts (I think the instructions for this are on page 175 of the manual). Then you go to your phone and send the contacts via bluetooth. I could not select all, so I had to send each contact one at a time. Took about 30 minutes to add 75 contacts.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BBS LM's 18's + Kics
congrats and welcome aboard