C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iphone and MB bluetooth solved! - sorta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
iphone and MB bluetooth solved! - sorta

ok so for the past couple of days, its been my mission to figure out a way to send the contacts to my car. I dont have MM, i have the small nav screen. i was going to write a DIY guide on how to accomplish this since it seemed like a lot of poeple had this problem. with the help of some people on here i copied my contacts from my iphone to the sim card and then put the sim card in a motorola V9 razor phone and sent every contact ONE BY ONE . then re-connected my iphone. works!

now i know this isnt new information, but the problem lies with the iphone and sending the contacts to the sim. apparently u cant just go to ATT and have them do it. they dont have the equipment. but there is an app called iSIMANAGER that did it pretty good and fast. the only problem is that u have to have an unlocked phone. fortunately for me, i did and i was able to do this. now if you have a regular iphone or 3.1.3 software ur ***** out of luck. u cant get this app, i looked and could find it for download (even if you pay)

anyways, i was curious how many people wanted to do this.... I was able to insert a blank sim card and copy my contacts over. so i figured if someone wants this done, they can send me their contacts via their yahoo or gmail backup in a cvs (i think) file. then i can put it on an iphone (my buddy got an unused iphone) and copy it to a blank sim card and send you the sim card. would anyone be interested in this? if enough people would want it done, i would do it. of course for a small fee of $10 plus shipping (probably a couple of stamps) and $2 for a blank sim card. then all you would have to do is put it in an old phone thats compatible (maybe borrow one from a friend or family) and send the contacts over. i think their is a list somewhere of the compatible phones.

anyways, let me know what you guys think. its still sorta pain staking to send them one by one, took me about 20 minutes, but that time cant compare to me finally having my contacts inside my c300.

ps- when you add new numbers is where the problem lies. but then you can just borrow the phone again and input it on the phone and then add the contact. this is just to get the bulk numbers you have the quickest way