C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Adjusting the low beams height on a 08 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Adjusting the low beams height on a 08 C300

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and sorry if there is a post already in the search just didn't find one.

I was wondering if you can explain to me how to adjust the height of the low beam on a 08 C300. I called my local Merc dealer and they wouldn't tell me and wanted to charge $138. If you guys have a known youtube link or picture of where it's at it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I installed aftermarket HID's in it and found out that the wiring is actually in the headlight housing rather than just in side the engine bay and a connection that connects to just the blub. So I cut a little square piece out of the headlight housing so I can run the wire out to the ballast. I covered up the little hole with some electrical tape so moisture doesn't get in. This should be ok right?

Thank you all so much
Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by DPxMnS
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and sorry if there is a post already in the search just didn't find one.

I was wondering if you can explain to me how to adjust the height of the low beam on a 08 C300. I called my local Merc dealer and they wouldn't tell me and wanted to charge $138. If you guys have a known youtube link or picture of where it's at it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I installed aftermarket HID's in it and found out that the wiring is actually in the headlight housing rather than just in side the engine bay and a connection that connects to just the blub. So I cut a little square piece out of the headlight housing so I can run the wire out to the ballast. I covered up the little hole with some electrical tape so moisture doesn't get in. This should be ok right?

Thank you all so much
I belive that its a 8mm Alen for the adjustment, and it needs to be done on a flat surface with all tire pressures set properly. As for the electrical tape, not a good idea at all. you should use a weather tight sealer of some sort. Ill try to take some pics when I'm at work tomorrow to show you where to make the adjusments.