C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Pulled the trigger...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Pulled the trigger...

I picked up my '09 C300 4Matic last Fri and am really enjoying it. It's actually a new car (had 250 miles on it and was a leftover so I got what I consdier to be a decent deal on it). It's a P1.

I didn't want NAV because I had several cars with it and think my Garmin portable is not only easier to use but more versatile. I took it to Germany two weeks ago after getting the Euro maps and it worked great (although I got stuck for a while due to the volcano). But I did get to have some fun on the Autobahn

I didn't get to visit the MB museum this time. Maybe next year (...I go about once every year or two for work). Several years ago I took the factory tour which was quite interesting.

I don't have the upgraded sound but the standard system sounds great with my Ipod Touch (2nd gen). Since I have the "white" cable that won't charge it, I think rather than have the dash or glovebox torn apart to add a new cable I'll try the Griffin converter charger. I prefer that one over the Scosche for it's size and I also heard the Scosche might have some issues with some MB cars (not really sure).
- Anybody have any experience with the Griffin?

I experienced the hood latch issue when the first time I saw the car I noticed the passenger side was sticking up a little. A few quick searches explained it. If I push a little harder as I drop the hood, it latches completely, so I don't think I'll be adjusting anything.

The only thing I'm not really crazy about is the actual hood to fender gap. It seems to be a little larger than I would like from an aesthetic veiwpoint. I also would prefer the hood fender junction to be on the top of the car, rather than the side but I can deal with it. The rear looks OK but I really like the front end design.

I'm a long-time BMW guy (except for the C55) and I thought MB has it over BMW in the styling department for several years now. Glad to be here and hope I can contribute some. No pics to post yet,... later.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E300 4MATIC Sedan
Welcome to w204 !

Look forward to hearing your thoughts comparing the C300 to your C55...

Nick
Old 04-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by noka
The only thing I'm not really crazy about is the actual hood to fender gap. It seems to be a little larger than I would like from an aesthetic veiwpoint.
This is a known issue. I had the passenger side adjusted twice last year, but the gap has since gotten wider again. Going in for my Service A in a couple weeks and will have them adjust again, hopefully using Loctite this time.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBS LM's 18's + Kics
congrats and welcome aboard
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
welcome!

will be interesting to get your viewpoint on the car as you are coming from the "dark side"...

enjoy her in good health!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by NickCats
Welcome to w204 !

Look forward to hearing your thoughts comparing the C300 to your C55...

Nick
Here's a related comment I posted in another thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/4053242-post82.html
Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
welcome!

will be interesting to get your viewpoint on the car as you are coming from the "dark side"...

enjoy her in good health!
You know, I just love German cars, including my VW's (GTI's and R32). I've owned Audi, BMWm VW and MB (no Porsche's yet but was entertaining a C4S). There are good an bad points about all of them.

Funny thing, it always seems to be difficult to determine proper oil to use in some cars I've owned, including my E39 M5. I just picked up a liter of Mobil1 5w-40 "ESP" at the dealer because they said I could use it, even though they also use it in diesels. The also carry 5w-40 (non-ESP) but only in bulk. My Owner's Manual (or Maintenance Guide, not sure which now) says the 229.51 Mobil1 is not approved for gas engines (only the 229.5 Mobil1 is). So, I'll be taking it back and picking up Mobil1 0w-40 at KMart or Napa. It's also what the Mobil site says should be used in the '09 C300. I guess some things never change.