C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

A/C cooled seats in a c300?

Old 06-27-2010, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
A/C cooled seats in a c300?

After having my c for almost 10 months now, I absolutely love it. BUT my one big gripe is the inability to get air conditioned seats in the c class. Therefore, I am coming here in an effort to research the possibility of retrofitting a/c seats into the c class.

After pulling apart my father's SL class, I found out his entire center console gets its A/C supply from a long "straw" like object that connects to a vent. I was wondering if it is possible to do something like this to get some airflow into the seats (given they are already perforated). I would especially be interested in doing this to the back & butt, but mostly the back. Someone suggested maybe mounting a fan under the seat?

Does anyone know how this is done from the factory?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
The cooled MB seats that I've seen always had vents in the back of the seats- internal fans draw air in via these vents, cool it, and blow it out through the front.

The only possibility I could see would be to try and source a ventilated seat from a wrecked E class (or does the c63 offer them as an option?) and try to wire it up somehow. I doubt you could do it the same as factory but if everything is internal to the seat, you may only need to provide power and a switch.

I don't even know if the seats from an E would fit but I don't know of any other way...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Trust me, I feel your pain. That was a gripe I had about this car when choosing between the C350 and the IS350 (which offered heated seats). If you ever do find a solution to this. Please do tell. I'm sure that certain car upholstery shops might have an idea on how to do this. If they can do heated seats...I'm sure that ventilated seats wouldn't be too far fetched.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I did a little research and asked a couple local guys. They will require new seat pads with fans, wiring harness, switch, & fan regulators. They can either place this into our seats. Since we already have perforated seats, we don't need new leather covers. And then two slits would have to be drilled into the back on the seat for grills for air intake. But honestly, I never knew they were only ventilated seats, I thought they were A/C seats like in my Escalade. Those things are the best!

He did suggest that the cost/ easiness factor would lean me towards going to a junkyard to try to find a wrecked car with ventilated seats, but then I could run into fit ment problems. I might ask about the feasibility of getting A/C seats like the escalade instead of ventilated.

But more to the point of this post. Has anyone retrofitted seats from another vehicle into our C? Such as a E class or CLS seats? The c63 doesn't offer ventilated seats - at least not yet. In fact, I always loved the e class coupe seats, I might look to fit that, and then I can even get the option to have the neck ventilation.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 2003 previous/ E350 2007 actually
No answer to the possibility of retrofit other seat or to add fans to
Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 2003 previous/ E350 2007 actually
No answer to the possibility to retrofit other seat or to add a fan to the existing seat??