C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2010 | 12:01 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
Originally Posted by xxnonamexx
Zanok- I like your fogs. What are the exact ones that you purchased? http://www.michiba.com.my/led.html
I bought from this guy, the price is unbeatable
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_3524wt_939
My bulbs doesnt seem to be on the website, strange, but the package looks similar except mine is H11 5000K and sayz Super White in Kanji, eventhough it is trying hard to be japanese but I found they are actually made in Taiwan, the Box is full of broken engrish

But if you have the AMG sports bodykit thats different from my bumper, it won't fit you, AMG sports kit uses H7, my ugly bumper uses H11
The rating sayz 5000K, so its just milky white, there is a downside though, before the bulbs gets heated up, it gets a tiny green in the color, once its fully heated up it becomes milky white, I wonder how they compare to Philips crystal visions. I got Philips CV H7 then found it doesnt fit my fog, so I had to put it into my high beam...
pics for comparison with Polarg M4s,

Attached Thumbnails AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD-26052010451.jpg   AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD-michiba.jpg  

Last edited by zankok; 08-28-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2010 | 03:58 AM

2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
got my led's 5000k white in mail.

will post pics installed soon.
just to show i have polarg m4 and LED side by side.

LED is much brighter. i have to say that they are not pure white though.
I have 5000K DDM tuning HID and Phillips crystal vision fogs - these are 100% white. Polargs match great but they are not that bright. AZN's LEDs are much brighter but they have a cooler (slightly more blue color thatn my setup).

Old 09-20-2010 | 07:43 AM

GF
Just installed ANZ's LED in Eyelid and Num Plate, ITS BLOODY NICE!!!

Went for a drive, Errorfree... very nice indeed. also I luv the best practice instruction from AZN.

Thanks Mike!!

Now which Fog light bulb should I get to match my 5000k LED?

Last edited by DTMCLK; 09-20-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:29 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Would I be correct to assume the white 5000K LED's for my eyebrows and side markers will match best with the OEM LED fogs in my 2011 w204?
Old 05-04-2011 | 04:00 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
yes
Old 05-04-2011 | 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
I just installed the full non-P2 LED tail lamp kit today. And, despite my concerns about which one went where, Michael's instructions were perfect and it turned out to be (almost) as easy as I hoped. Getting the passenger side assembly back in place was a finger-twister.

The LEDs look great...crisp and bright. I tried to take a video, but a clear image in reality came out flickering on my hi-def video. I had 99% success with the LEDs. The driver side all went in and worked perfectly. On the passenger side, the little bayonet mount LED did not work, even after being rotated to account for polarity, but it sure got hot quickly. Michael, possible to please get a replacement just for that one?

A good mod...would do it again and recommend the appearance and very bright back-up output!
Old 05-04-2011 | 07:13 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by Sportstick
On the passenger side, the little bayonet mount LED did not work, even after being rotated to account for polarity, but it sure got hot quickly. Michael, possible to please get a replacement just for that one?
Are you talking about the 194 wedge LED at the top on the passenger side? Gonna ask the same questions I always do... was it plugged in too far? Did you try swapping the one plugged in on the driver side and see if it also is getting this hot? Want to see if it was an LED issue or something specific with that socket.
Old 05-04-2011 | 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Are you talking about the 194 wedge LED at the top on the passenger side? Gonna ask the same questions I always do... was it plugged in too far? Did you try swapping the one plugged in on the driver side and see if it also is getting this hot? Want to see if it was an LED issue or something specific with that socket.
Don't think it went in too far...I was pretty gentle as I was exploring new territory. Every other one went in and worked immediately, including the same little one on the other side. I reinstalled the incandescent bulb, which works fine, so the socket seems to be functioning. It's the little LED (all the other larger ones are the same size) that just goes in the slot, not a round base, but not sure of the model number. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD-img00038-20110504-1941.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011 | 01:58 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Don't think it went in too far...I was pretty gentle as I was exploring new territory. Every other one went in and worked immediately, including the same little one on the other side. I reinstalled the incandescent bulb, which works fine, so the socket seems to be functioning. It's the little LED (all the other larger ones are the same size) that just goes in the slot, not a round base, but not sure of the model number. Thanks!

Ok, no problem. I'll shoot you a replacement.
Old 05-05-2011 | 02:10 AM

'10 C300
I just installed the full non-P2 LED tail lamp kit today. And, despite my concerns about which one went where, Michael's instructions were perfect and it turned out to be (almost) as easy as I hoped. Getting the passenger side assembly back in place was a finger-twister.

The LEDs look great...crisp and bright. I tried to take a video, but a clear image in reality came out flickering on my hi-def video. I had 99% success with the LEDs. The driver side all went in and worked perfectly. On the passenger side, the little bayonet mount LED did not work, even after being rotated to account for polarity, but it sure got hot quickly. Michael, possible to please get a replacement just for that one?

A good mod...would do it again and recommend the appearance and very bright back-up output!

let's see some pics!
Old 05-05-2011 | 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by mmike
let's see some pics!
I actually tried! I took video when I had one side done to show the comparison, and the LEDs came out flickering on the video, even though they looked perfect in actuality...some strange artifact of hi-def video similar to videoing a TV screen. I will try again with my cell phone, but they look crisper and the back up light is totally transformed to a bright very "pure" white. Side-by-side, the OE backup light suddenly looked yellowish! The other red functions seem about the same lumens output, but do look better as they "snap" on and off. The amber turn does seem a bit brighter, but also looks better for the same reason as the reds. Of course, when off, there is no yellow bulb visible in the assembly.

I was concerned about the installation as I had not gotten into that part of the car and all the large LEDs looked the same when they arrived. Michael answered every one of my questions and gave what turned out to be perfect directions making the process very easy. It was MB which added the only real challenge, getting the passenger side bulb assembly lined up correctly to fit back into position.

This turns out to be a very nice mod for a very reasonable price, and actually quite easy to install.

Last edited by Sportstick; 05-05-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2011 | 11:32 AM

2012 Luna C
YES I JUST RECEIVED MINE! But im stuck at work. cant install till later on tonight. I think i just caught a cold, can I leave early? LOL.

Also picked up H11 HIDs from AZNOptics too. Thats going in the GL. I will post pics up for yall as soon as my 'cold' kicks in hehe
Old 05-08-2011 | 07:47 PM

\
I did my side markers and eyelids today, and I'm really happy with how they look! The only weird thing during the installation was, I did the eyelids first, then the side markers.. and when I did the last side marker, I double checked everything was on and it was fine.. so I turned off the car, cleaned up around the garage a little bit and then started the car and pulled it out to take a pic. When I got it around, all my new LEDs were off.. I turned the car off and back on, but no dice. So I figured I blew a fuse or something, and would have to trouble shoot it later. Drove it to pick the wife up from the airport and got home, and when I pulled it in the garage I noticed all the lights were back on.

it is a mystery.

I would have done my dome light too, but one of the eyelids fell off while I was plugging it back in and got lost in the bottom of the engine compartment. I suppose I'll be ordering a few more.
Old 05-08-2011 | 10:39 PM

\
Here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD-img_20110508_192830.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011 | 02:02 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by Peabody
I did my side markers and eyelids today, and I'm really happy with how they look! The only weird thing during the installation was, I did the eyelids first, then the side markers.. and when I did the last side marker, I double checked everything was on and it was fine.. so I turned off the car, cleaned up around the garage a little bit and then started the car and pulled it out to take a pic. When I got it around, all my new LEDs were off.. I turned the car off and back on, but no dice. So I figured I blew a fuse or something, and would have to trouble shoot it later. Drove it to pick the wife up from the airport and got home, and when I pulled it in the garage I noticed all the lights were back on.

it is a mystery.

I would have done my dome light too, but one of the eyelids fell off while I was plugging it back in and got lost in the bottom of the engine compartment. I suppose I'll be ordering a few more.
Strange. If it happens again, let me know. And I've dropped an LED before in the past too down the engine compartment Luckily, I was able to get at it with an oh-sh** magnet on a stick
Old 05-17-2011 | 01:40 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
which are the LED lights for the license plate?
Old 05-17-2011 | 03:54 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

194 LEDs are for your w204 rear plates
Old 05-17-2011 | 10:07 PM

MB C350 4-Matic
8000K LEDs eyebrow, Headlights, and HIDs in fogs..

Hey AZN, 1 of my LEDs in my eyebrow won't turn off unless I lock my car. When I tried switching it to another socket, it didn't light up at all. Any ideas what the problem is?
Attached Thumbnails AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD-img_2268.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011 | 10:28 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by razor17
8000K LEDs eyebrow, Headlights, and HIDs in fogs..

Hey AZN, 1 of my LEDs in my eyebrow won't turn off unless I lock my car. When I tried switching it to another socket, it didn't light up at all. Any ideas what the problem is?
Residual voltage leak from that socket? When you switched it to another socket, you say it doesn't light up at all, you did try checking polarity right? It doesn't make sense that it would work in one socket but not the other. Keep an eye out for component separation as well and make sure you insert them correctly. Let me know
Old 05-18-2011 | 12:23 AM

MB C350 4-Matic
Residual voltage leak from that socket? When you switched it to another socket, you say it doesn't light up at all, you did try checking polarity right? It doesn't make sense that it would work in one socket but not the other. Keep an eye out for component separation as well and make sure you insert them correctly. Let me know
I don't think so.. When I plug the other LEDs into the socket it works fine.. It is just that one LED thats acting funny.. Yeah I checked the polarity and component separation - all were fine.. I've been using your LEDs for a while and have been extremely satisfied with them but this 1 LED situation is just bizarre haha i'm just worried it might deplete my battery (slowly but surely)
Old 05-18-2011 | 12:44 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by razor17
I don't think so.. When I plug the other LEDs into the socket it works fine.. It is just that one LED thats acting funny.. Yeah I checked the polarity and component separation - all were fine.. I've been using your LEDs for a while and have been extremely satisfied with them but this 1 LED situation is just bizarre haha i'm just worried it might deplete my battery (slowly but surely)
That's still strange that it would function in one socket, but not the other socket though. If the issue followed the LED, then ok, maybe something quirky with that one. If you can take pics of both sides of that LED and email them to me at aznoptics@gmail.comm I can take a look at the burn off marks and see if I can spot anything fishy.
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:30 PM

MB C350 4-Matic
That's still strange that it would function in one socket, but not the other socket though. If the issue followed the LED, then ok, maybe something quirky with that one. If you can take pics of both sides of that LED and email them to me at aznoptics@gmail.comm I can take a look at the burn off marks and see if I can spot anything fishy.
Yeah, it might just be something quirky with that one. All the other lights work perfectly and are super bright. I'll try and send those pics to you this weekend.

Thanks Michael!
Old 08-24-2011 | 07:37 PM

c300 sport 4matic
KRIS

Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Or shoot me a PM if you want to purchase some.

Due to general good reviews from everyone, I've gone ahead and purchased more order and have become the official distributor for that company and am working out the details with the company that runs MBWorld on sponsorship. Prices will be higher than GB prices, but still much lower than what the others sell for. I want to keep prices reasonable and not looking for huge profits...I'd be happy to make enough to cover the costs of the sponsorship (which is the mid hundreds per month).
HOW MUCH U CHARGE?
Old 08-24-2011 | 08:49 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by mafiakid1
HOW MUCH U CHARGE?
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ront-w204.html

Old 08-25-2011 | 08:23 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Got my Azn HID+LED kit today, trying to find someone to install it excited to get it done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AZN'S NEW LED REVIEW THREAD