C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Speaker in Headrest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
Speaker in Headrest?

Hey guys

i have the valentine one radar detector and of course i love it. i also have a very loud sound system, so when im driving, i dont hear the beeps if theres a warning . so i heard that some people who have V1s in lambos and such put a speaker their headrest, i also seen on an M3 forum a guy who put the V1 itself in the headrest. I dont want to do that because you obviously lose a lot, i think i read that the radar doesnt detect as much. so imo thats cool idea, but bad because of loss of functionality to the module. so i wanted to put a small, but loud speaker in the drivers headrest. i was wondering if anyone has done anything like this before ? maybe a recommendation of a small speaker? i know i would most likely have to go to a shop to get this installed, but yeah what are your thoughts ?

(YES i know lowering the music while driving is AN Option, but i dont want that option.)

thanks for any input in advanced.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 AM

08 c350
159 views and not one reply ? cmon guys no one has any information to share ?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Kevin see if Automat in Bethpage (by the old Grumman plant) can do anything for you.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I'm sure it's possible, you Probably wouldn't even need another a speaker. You would however, have to open up the v1 and find the wires that connect to the speaker and splice it so that you can extend them to the headrest. Depending in how the speaker inside the module is secured. You could even remove it and place it in the headrest. It isn't impossible, but then you have to think about a mounting area in the head rest and depending on if you want Te speaker to show or not is another option. All it requires is time planning and I'm sure quite a bit of money. But no one really knows until it's done. I'm sure a trip to any
Local audio installer could tell you more about the feasibility of such a retrofit and the projected costs. I am not sure where you live. But where I got my tints done at precision tinting in commack nea Ohio and sunken meadow collision, they have a great speaker installation guy who does great work from what I have seen and heard, but not sure about the costs. Bottom line is, I am pretty sure know one on this forum has done it before. So anyones guess is as good as yours. Best way to find out is to call up and ask or bring your car in for an estimate.

Just out if curiosity. Have you searched google for a diy on the v1 to do what your wondering. I am sure there won't be one for the w204. But if there is one that shows where thespeaker is in the v1 and what is needed to accomplish it. You could pretty much do it yourself for the cost of a few feet of speaker wire and your own time.

Last edited by jctevere; 07-21-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:43 PM

08 c350
thanks for the info guys really appreciated.