C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-05-2015, 01:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Car Detailing and Cleaning Guides
Print Wikipost

interior cleaning

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 AMG
interior cleaning

what u use to clean interior of your car?

anything special for mercedes interior?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Leatherique
Old 07-29-2010, 06:12 PM

W204
Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing .... smells great too
Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Leatherique is great for leather, but more as a twice or even once a year deep clean.

First thing we need to know is what material your interior is before anyone can give you a straight answer. Do you have leather? MB-Tex? Cloth?

As mentioned before Leatherique and even Leather Master are great products for deep cleaning and treating your leathers. For regular maintenance on leather, I prefer Chemical Guys leather cleaner with Vitamin E and Aloe. Then tossing a layer of 303 Aerospace Protectant on.

For MB-Tex and fabric upholstery, I'll clean 303 Fabric & Vinyl cleaner, followed up with 303 Aerospace Protectant for MB-Tex or 303 High Tech Fabric Guard for fabric.

For Plastic trim, 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium is the way to go. Give your rubber seals a 1Z Gummi Pflege treatment.

Carpets.... vacuum, Folex and near boiling water spray, scrub, then extract with a wet vac. Then give it a spray of 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.

You can now optionally dress your dark interior plastics with Chemical Guys Fade2Black or the recently re-released Adam's In & Out.

Interior windows I prefer to use Sprayway for the thick non-drip foam which is tint safe and cleans great.

Don't forget to clean your vents and crevices. I use tapered Q-tip style detailing sticks. Bissell Steam Shot for remaining hard to reach areas.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 07-29-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Leatherique is great for leather, but more as a twice or even once a year deep clean.

First thing we need to know is what material your interior is before anyone can give you a straight answer. Do you have leather? MB-Tex? Cloth?

As mentioned before Leatherique and even Leather Master are great products for deep cleaning and treating your leathers. For regular maintenance on leather, I prefer Chemical Guys leather cleaner with Vitamin E and Aloe. Then tossing a layer of 303 Aerospace Protectant on.

For MB-Tex and fabric upholstery, I'll clean 303 Fabric & Vinyl cleaner, followed up with 303 Aerospace Protectant for MB-Tex or 303 High Tech Fabric Guard for fabric.

For Plastic trim, 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium is the way to go. Give your rubber seals a 1Z Gummi Pflege treatment.

Carpets.... vacuum, Folex and near boiling water spray, scrub, then extract with a wet vac. Then give it a spray of 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.

You can now optionally dress your dark interior plastics with Chemical Guys Fade2Black or the recently re-released Adam's In & Out.

Interior windows I prefer to use Sprayway for the thick non-drip foam which is tint safe and cleans great.

Don't forget to clean your vents and crevices. I use tapered Q-tip style detailing sticks. Bissell Steam Shot for remaining hard to reach areas.

Good thorough write up. So if I have some dirt marks on my roof, you recommend 303 Fabric & Vinyl cleaner? I did the drop of water test on my leather and it just stays there, so I guess I have MB-tex right? The same fabric and vinyl cleaner could be used on the my dash which also looks like Mb-tex?

Last edited by dynomite05; 07-29-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:26 PM

C180 AMG

black cloth/arctico

so?what do i need?
want something to use in dashboard..to make it shine and protect it from uv as well
Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
Meguiars Interior wipes shines really nice
Old 07-29-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dynomite05
Good thorough write up. So if I have some dirt marks on my roof, you recommend 303 Fabric & Vinyl cleaner? I did the drop of water test on my leather and it just stays there, so I guess I have MB-tex right? The same fabric and vinyl cleaner could be used on the my dash which also looks like Mb-tex?
For roof, I'm assuming you mean headliner? This gets tricky as you don't want to compromise the adhesive. I'd probably do Fabric and vinyl dilution, soak on cloth, wring out so it's just damp, and try light scrub.

Originally Posted by gorica79
black cloth/arctico

so?what do i need?
want something to use in dashboard..to make it shine and protect it from uv as well
This leads to the second question, do you prefer matte finish or shiny finish? Most prefer matte, as they find shiny a little too greasy looking for their tastes, but it's up to you what finish you're looking for.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM

C180 AMG
For roof, I'm assuming you mean headliner? This gets tricky as you don't want to compromise the adhesive. I'd probably do Fabric and vinyl dilution, soak on cloth, wring out so it's just damp, and try light scrub.

This leads to the second question, do you prefer matte finish or shiny finish? Most prefer matte, as they find shiny a little too greasy looking for their tastes, but it's up to you what finish you're looking for.
what i have to use for matte and what for shiny

what about wynns products?
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=90770

Last edited by gorica79; 07-30-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:40 PM

C180 AMG
hellooo???
Old 07-31-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by gorica79
hellooo???
Reread the post below and RESEARCH the products- everything that you've asked (twice) can be found there.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The products I recommended will give you less shine, more natural look if you buff it out. With extra application, it'll leave more shiny look, so is versatile like that. Other more shiny on single application include optimum protectant plus, nearly all the megs/mothers line, wolfgang interior, etc. Of those, OPP was most durable from my testing.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09' E350 AMG Sport, 09' C300, 03' Honda S2K
Hey AZn what would you think about Lexol Vinylex product, I use Vinylex on pretty much everything that is rubber and vinyl. Dashboars, my convertible top. It says it clean and at the same time protect with uv protectant that in it. I also use there leather cleaner and conditioner also.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's an ok OTC, but I'd probably rather go with Megs, Surf City, Autoglym, or better yet Duragloss if you can get your hands on em for OTC products.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
There are a lot of good products on the market for leather or mb-tex, there are several treads of this topic.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 AM

2010 C63 AMG (Iridium Silver)
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium

Hello,

So I'm planning to clean interior trims over the weekend and was wondering if 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium is good for pretty much everything besides leather.

I also have 303 aerospace protectant and, is this for different materials that cockpit premium can't be applied? or are these two products complementary each other?

Any advice would be highly appreciated. TIA.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 AM

c300
Originally Posted by tanktube67
There are a lot of good products on the market for leather or mb-tex, there are several treads of this topic.
I use Mother's products.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:23 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Honestly, for M-B Tex interiors. I find wiping with a damp cloth to be more than fine. Of course, my car is garaged, and usually not out in the sun for extended periods of time.

M-B's MB-Tex and plastics (especially on these newer cars) seem to be very durable, and if cleaned regularly should outlast the paint. Leather products are useless and probably more harmful than good.

I keep my interior clean with regular wipe-downs to where I don't like to use actual Cleaning Products, as they could be relatively abrasive (I like to avoid products that have cleaning properties on my car as much as possible, i.e I don't soap my car ever, until the day I Wax it, I've done this on all my cars, and I find my exterior paint to outshine almost anyones, I just use a wet chamois and carefully clean off the car).

For interior protection, (again, as someone who's car is garaged, and doesn't get "abused" much), I just go with Aerospace 303. It's an amazing product as it can be used on ANYTHING practically, and has no cleaning properties/abrasives, so is a genuine protectant. It even brings plastics/rubbers/etc. "back to life", and seems to give them nourishment if they need it.

I did the whole 303 thing on my W211, and it took so damn long, I don't know if I'll do it on my W212. I think this interior will stay perfect for as long as I'll own the car. If I decide to keep it for more than 3 years, I'll probably go ahead and do it then.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by dynomite05
If you don't know if you have leather or MB-Tex, simply remember that leather comes in pieces and needs to be stitched.

As far as cleaning the rubber and plastic surfaces, all I've ever needed to use is a damp cloth and an occasional Lexol vinylex quick wipe. You don't need any special detergents or anything, just remember to apply UV protection as necessary.

Edit: After reading AutoGeek's interior detailing HowTo I guess I should stop using Lexol since it's silicone based and pickup 303 Aerospace instead!

Last edited by Peabody; 10-04-2010 at 03:16 PM.