C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Eibach Front and Rear!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Eibach Front and Rear!

Just back from the antisway bar install, and having the front and rear transforms the car! I went out trolling for the tightest traffic circle and went around a few times (no charge skid pad!) since it was empty mid-day. What a difference...roll is greatly diminished, and the slight understeer from originally just installing the front bar is now gone and the car is very neutral. No squeal from the Michelin Pilot A/S Sport at significant speed while the car just sits very level and orbits!

The rear install took three hours, as predicted. The rear subframe does need to be dropped. Here are a couple of shots of the old bar for comparison, new bar at a couple of stages of installation, and finally, the great guys at Motor Werks gave it a bath. BTW, anyone in Southeast Michigan, Motor Werks is an outstanding shop for anything you need done!

In first hour, long protective underbody panels dropped, exhaust removed, brake calipers hanging, springs removed.

Subframe and old bar loosened...note shape and location preclude just extracting it cross-car. Before loosening/dropping subframe, the bushing bolts cannot even be removed!

Side-by-side old vs. new. New one is visibly thicker:

In position with new Eibach bushings:

Attached:

Time for a bath!

SO! Anyone want my original front and rear antisway bars? Probably good for a Luxury rear wheel drive model to crisp it up a bit.......$50 for both + shipping? But, check for fit/compatibility first!!
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Front and Rear!-rear-antisway-bar-installation-001.jpg   Eibach Front and Rear!-rear-antisway-bar-installation-002.jpg   Eibach Front and Rear!-rear-antisway-bar-installation-003.jpg   Eibach Front and Rear!-rear-antisway-bar-installation-005.jpg   Eibach Front and Rear!-rear-antisway-bar-installation-006.jpg  

Eibach Front and Rear!-rear-antisway-bar-installation-008.jpg  

Last edited by Sportstick; 08-17-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E550 sedan
very cool! are you still running stock shocks? (couldnt tell)
Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Magicman09
very cool! are you still running stock shocks? (couldnt tell)
Yes....struts and springs are all OE. I was intent on optimizing a reduction in body roll with minimal possible impact on ride harshness. My wife already thinks my C is too harsh compared to what she is used to....her E350.

This turns out to be a great balance. I have no interest in the visual effect of lowering the car...I am looking for chassis performance, and this is the combination I was looking for....I recommend the Eibach antisway bars very highly!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Wait...are you saying the sways cost you $50? Or that the install was...? Because either way, both prices both seem way too good to be true.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Wait...are you saying the sways cost you $50? Or that the install was...? Because either way, both prices both seem way too good to be true.
No! I am offering my old Original Equipment antisway bars for anyone who might make good use of them. The Eibach bars cost $450 for the front and rear set, and the almost 5 hours of labor was $500.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Oh. Hehe. My bad. That sounds a lot more realistic in price.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Right on, glad to hear you got the rear installed. I'm still loving mine. It's certainly one of if not the best mods if done so far because you can feel them every corner you take.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Krytech
Right on, glad to hear you got the rear installed. I'm still loving mine. It's certainly one of if not the best mods if done so far because you can feel them every corner you take.
Did a bunch more driving today, taking corners more aggressively, and the car is quite different and much better....seems MB could/should have upsized the OE bars to this level for Sport models. Anyone who enjoys driving should seriously consider this mod....no appearance change except for the smile on the driver's face!!