C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

E-92 Lighting Bad Service!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c300 2008 335i
Thumbs down E-92 Lighting Bad Service!!

Hello to all. First let me start out describing what went wrong. I have a 2010 c 300 that I wanted to change the lights out for the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra. I searched and searched and came to the conclusion that these were the bulbs I wanted. I looked up the bulb guide and contacted Dereck at e92-lighting and both sets of info stated I needed the H7 for low beem and H11 for fog light. Well those of you who found out the hard way about the fogs being different for sport and luxury know where I'm going with this. When I pulled the cover off the fog light the plastic backing is nothing like the H11, not eve n close. So I contacted him by phone and he stated all transactions must be done via e-mail. I said no problem but can't you tell me what to do over the phone and I will gladly send an e-mail to you. He replied by saying my return policy is on the website. OK! So are you going to deffer every damn question I have because you do not want to help me resolve this issue. So he sends an e-mail stating you ordered the H11 and H7, is that not what you have? Obviously he never paid attention to our original conversation and I had to explain the whole situation, AGAIN! Yes it was what I ordered because it is what you told me would fit. IHentold me via e-mail that he could NOT help me without seeing pictures of the bulb (original). Well I asked for help on this forum and the forum members were very helpful in helping me find out the fogs on a sport are the same as the low beams. I supplied him multiple pictures and threads indicating others have had this same issue. HE DIDN't even respond! I tried contacting him via his websites intant chat, phone number and e-mail. No response. All I requested was an exchange for the correct bulb, that's all. I then proceded to tell him that my next step was to contact members on this forum for advice. He finally responds today that we are closed on the weekend and do not respond to any communications just like other companies on the weekend. REALLY!? I could go on for the next 12 hours and list all the companies open on the weekend. But that's not the point. He then states that in order for an exchange to take place the package has to be unopened. How do you expect me to see if the bulb fits without putting the bulb in there to try you dumbass!!! He acted like I wanted a million dollars from him. It is one of the worst customer service situations I have ever experienced. Others of you may have dealt with him with no problems then I would say you were lucky. This guy is an ***. So now I'm stuck with two H11's that don't fit. Anyways, thanks for reading my rant.

-SIDE2SIDE

Last edited by SIDE2SIDE; 08-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Niti24

I am having the same problem with ddmtuning and their lifetime warranty bull. I purchased hid lights for the headlights and fog lights. Both of the bulbs burned within the week and I have been trying for two weeks to get new ones. All they say via email is that they need to know how they burned. How the Hell am I supposed to know how they burned. I hate doing stuff over the internet. I had the same problem with laminx fog light covers. They wanted me to pay for restocking fees and pay for shipping and handling for the old and new ones. That came out to cost more than purchasing new ones. These ppl suck.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Paragraphs. Look into them.

As far as your experience? It's not atypical of these aftermarket companies. Most of them are small businesses ran by people who either don't know as much as they think they do about their products, or by people who have become very cynical about dealing with customers.

Then, you have the ones who actually care about customer service. Problem is, you generally pay a bit more for their products. Something I'm fine with, personally.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Sathinas
+1
Old 08-22-2010, 03:21 PM

2010 c300 2008 335i

As far as your experience? It's not atypical of these aftermarket companies. Most of them are small businesses ran by people who either don't know as much as they think they do about their products, or by people who have become very cynical about dealing with customers.

Then, you have the ones who actually care about customer service. Problem is, you generally pay a bit more for their products. Something I'm fine with, personally.
I agree with some of what you said. AZN sent me LED's that are great but one had a littl eproblem and he took car of me with no problem what-so-ever. A total professional and his LED's are not terribly expensive either.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Niti24

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the product. I just have a hard time finding them. I saw that a lot of people went to Lamin-X for the covers so I thought I should check it out. As far as the HID's, I was going for cheap because I didn't know if I wanted 6000K or 8000K so I thought I should try out 6000K and decided to stick with it. Otherwise I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for quality products.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by Niti24
I am having the same problem with ddmtuning and their lifetime warranty bull. I purchased hid lights for the headlights and fog lights. Both of the bulbs burned within the week and I have been trying for two weeks to get new ones. All they say via email is that they need to know how they burned. How the Hell am I supposed to know how they burned. I hate doing stuff over the internet. I had the same problem with laminx fog light covers. They wanted me to pay for restocking fees and pay for shipping and handling for the old and new ones. That came out to cost more than purchasing new ones. These ppl suck.
DDM tuning is horrible. I won't buy anything from them (or Eurodyne) ever again.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:46 PM

2010 c300 2008 335i
The products I bought are quality. In this particular case their is nothing wrong with the product. In fact the Crystal ultras are so much brighter and whiter than OEM. Its this case the subpar quality is e92-lighting.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
CrystalVision Ultras are not a pure white. They still have a noticeable yellow hint to them. You can also get them at O'Reilly Auto Parts. That's where I got mine. I'm a little confused. So you're stuck with H11 CV Ultras that don't fit your fogs, but did you get a pair of H7s into your low beams? If so, how well do they match the AZN_Optics 5000k LEDs?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Technically the CVs should be a tad yellower than AZN's LEDs. The LEDs are rated at 5000k while the CVs are rated at 4300k.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM

2010 c300 2008 335i
Yes I have a opened package of h11 for luxury c300 and they are new so if anyone wants them let me know. Yes the led's from AZN match the crystal ultras perfect in my opinion.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Niti24

Originally Posted by e1000
DDM tuning is horrible. I won't buy anything from them (or Eurodyne) ever again.
I went by the reviews on the forum here. Had I known, I would have went another route.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Technically the CVs should be a tad yellower than AZN's LEDs. The LEDs are rated at 5000k while the CVs are rated at 4300k.
Yes, they should be very slightly off, but a lot of people can't really perceive 700k color spectrum differences. All depends on how sensitive your eyes are.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
I purchased a set of ddm hid kit for around 40 bucks give or take and was supposed to be plug n play . When installing ballasts wouldnt ignite had to hardwire dedicated 12v + line to them and when emailing them about it all they said was i can order a harness or relay .. Like G thanks granted this was for my motorcycle but i found a ebay seller for same price and true plug and play no error for $40 and when i emailed him to tell him one bulb looks a little bluer then other he shipped me 2 new bulbs out no cost . Thats how you take care of ppl .
Hell i paid $65 for 2 H3 piia bulbs and local shop wouldnt take them back no matter becuase the seal on the package was broken . Same thought i buy them didnt like how they look and want to return them now im stuck with 2 small as bulbs for 65 that i dont even like .

Somtimes buyin cheap kits isnt the best solution when your going for the perfect look ! But then agian we wouldnt be here if we wernt willing to spend money lol
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by Niti24
I went by the reviews on the forum here. Had I known, I would have went another route.
I admit, I've bought a couple times from them. Their attractive price, ease of ordering and US based operation made them a consideration. The last two orders I've placed with them were botched, and I've even had the displeasure of going to their location here in the OC. They're very unprofessional, unorganized and absolutely not customer oriented. Add to this reports of bad ballasts, which I've also had first hand experience with, and I'm done with them.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Tell me if either of your situations get worked out. I think I want to know how his customer service to the MB community is before I see him during my stay in Irvine.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Niti24

Originally Posted by e1000
I admit, I've bought a couple times from them. Their attractive price, ease of ordering and US based operation made them a consideration. The last two orders I've placed with them were botched, and I've even had the displeasure of going to their location here in the OC. They're very unprofessional, unorganized and absolutely not customer oriented. Add to this reports of bad ballasts, which I've also had first hand experience with, and I'm done with them.
Oh yea for sure. Im done with them too. I called them a couple of days ago and talked to a representative and he told me they don't resolve those issues over the phone. I had to send yet another email and had the same response. They suck. Im not recommending them to no one. Not even a Honda owner.