C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Arctic White C350 + Huper Optik = Perfection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
doesn't look 40% to me.
My current car has 30% (the lower the %, the darker it is. and the legal level in most states is 30%), and this looks very similar to mine, but it looks like it has a slight hint of a smoky color in the tint.

Huper-Optik makes a surperior ceramic tinting film that's thick and durable. Though installers do have a harder time working with it as it is not as forgiving on curved applications as typically seen on cars these days.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C350 & 2003 M5
Originally Posted by chokaay
I agree that CA is very strict about tint on the front windows... which is why I chose to go with Ceramic 60 on my windows. It virtually looks like I have nothing on my windows in bright sunlight until you put my car beside a stock E350. It's also light enough to "pass" for legal unless the cop takes out a comparison chart or meter to measure the precise % of light transmission (which I haven't heard of any cop doing).

Ceramic 40 is a bit darker, and I can see that level of tint risking a ticket (especially if you have no front plate on... as well as other flashy-but-not-so-legal mods to the car). However, people still do it, and honestly for many people driving MB, they're well-enough-off to not mind either paying the full citation or paying another couple hundred $ to tear down and re-install Huper Optik tint to their front windows (especially in CA).

However, I disagree that it's not that different (at least to me). If you ever go to a Huper Optik dealer, tell them to show you the "Hot Box" or "Light Box" demo (I forgot what it's called exactly)... it will simply blow your mind! Huper is perfect for someone like me who doesn't enjoy really dark tint on their vehicle (since I like to have a clear view out of my windows at night), but wants the best heat and IR reduction possible.
Exactly Huper Optik is not for a dark look it's for heat reduction and that's what it's made for. If you want limo tint you can get that cheap but your not reducing heat at all.

The heat box is a key thing that you can test and see how much heat comes through normal windows, tint, and then Huper Optik. Huge Huge Differnce.

To all the people saying it's not 40% I am 100% certain it's 40% because I was there when they busted open a new roll of it and installed it. Just looks a lot darker due to angles and lighting.

If you see it in person you can see it's very easy to see through and not as dark as it seems in the pictures.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Serpent S966
It does look 40% to me.

Huper Optic looks good on white/black car due to its ceramic based, it does not shows any metallic reflection as it absorbs the heat/rays.
But metallic based tint (V-kool for instance), will last longer and cooler inside as it reflects off the rays. But shows metallic reflection.

Some may put metallic based in front only to better reflects off UV rays and still getting the same visibility to ceramic based (assuming the tint % are the same between the two).

PS: Metallic based V-Kool was originally developed by scientist for the US Airforce stealth bomber window to reduce the heat signature and radar reflectivity of the plane.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 PM

2010 c300
My wife has the same White arctic and Huper optik 40. No problem whatsoever. You can't beat the elegance of it, just compare it side by side with others and you will see the difference, the amount you're paying for is well worth it. On top of that the heat it absorb is way better than any 20% around. And yes, it looks darker on angle but it's actually light especially your interior is light like my wife has, I even think why i didn't go 30% because it looks too light but good thing i didn't because the 40% makes the car way nicer.

Last edited by mikecabz; 08-27-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM

2009 Arctic White/Black C350 with NAV pkg, ipod integration, 40% HO tint, and 18" 5-spoke AMG wheels
When I had mine done, 40% was the darkest tint they had available for Huper Optic. I'm not sure if they make a darker tint....anyone know?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 PM

2010 c300
Originally Posted by Bluewater41
When I had mine done, 40% was the darkest tint they had available for Huper Optic. I'm not sure if they make a darker tint....anyone know?
They have 30%.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by Bluewater41
Originally Posted by mikecabz
They have 30%.

Yup, they have Ceramic 30, 40, 50, and 60:

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/ceramic-series.cfm

However they seem to have a new line of automotive tint now that goes even lower:

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/Automotive-series.cfm
Old 08-28-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Very nice tint OP. I have an arctic white c300 sport but I still haven't built up the courage to get tints in NYC...
Old 09-14-2010, 01:54 PM

BRABUS S550
Cool Huper Optik in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Arizona

Sorry to join the post so late..
I am Hugh Hernandez with Danny's Family Window Tinting in Arizona.
We are the exclusive dealer/distribution point for the Maricopa County area.

Huper Optik comes in a variety of shades and performance specifications. in Arizona we carry primarily the Stark 30 (Ceramic 30) and the DREI.

Stark is a little less reflective and gives you the performance of a conventional limo or metal window tint, without the darkness. So it's flatter and low sheen appearance is an effective and unobtrusive look on the vehicle. Retail pricing for this option is $450 for an average passenger car.

DREI, although a little more reflective in appearance, it out performs everything on the market. The word DREI comes from the number '3' in German, this is because the product is derived from 3 layers of the XIR film, which is the same material used in the manufacturing of windshields for Mercedes Benz, BMW, Rolls Royce, Bentley, etc... high line models.
Retail pricing for this option is $650 for an average passenger car.

Simply put, what makes these products different and unique is the ability to focus on blocking the specific infra red heat (IR) without effecting the visible light in the overall light spectrum. These products are known as 'spectrally selective' and because of the difficulty in manufacturing and rigid patents are almost without comparison in today's market.

Huper Optik Spectrally Selective Tinting, although revolutionary in technology, is not the only and sometimes not the best choice for your vehicle. That is why Huper Optik also carries a more conventional line called 'Extreme', which is cost effective and darker. These options offer more privacy and although heat rejection is sacrificed, makes for a good quality product, at a good price, that blocks about half the heat. Retail pricing for the Extreme products range from $149-199 for an average passenger car.

By nature, because of the polyester base material and inhibited adhesives almost any product will offer you 95-99% UV protection. So if your concern is UV, your options are open.

Huper Optik sets a very high standard for it's installers, if the shop carries Huper then you can be assured that any other option they have is of a high quality and they are reputable, honest and focused on customer satisfaction over price. I have personally met many of these dealers throughout the country and the theme is always integrity.

Buyer beware though, just because a shop tells you they are installing Huper Optik does not mean that is what you are getting on the car. Cheaper, China Manufactured 'look alike' and less effective 'IR wet coat treated' or 'NANO' films are flooding the market and some shops are unethically installing these brands. You'd be surprised how many companies are deceiving people into believing they are getting Huper Optik quality and performance while installing a product that costs them less than half as much.

My advice... contact the nice people at Huper Optik directly at 888-296-3456 or visit the website at www.huperoptikusa.com

I'm new to this forum and appreciate the intelligence of the members. I'm off to roam the chats now, I'm looking for some good aftermarket tips! Thanks for the time.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
30% tint on my car and never had any issue with coppers mainly because the interior is light which makes the tint seems light.

don't really care about what kind of tint film it is that much. as long as they do the job of blocking most of the heat as they advertised.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 PM

C
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
Very nice tint OP. I have an arctic white c300 sport but I still haven't built up the courage to get tints in NYC...
It's not that bad here in NYC. Just stay away from the city and you'll be fine (most of the time ). I have 50% front and 35% rear and no cops bother me about it