C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Assistance with USB cable option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Assistance with USB cable option

All,

If I have posted this in the wrong section, please accept my apologies.

Let me start off by stating that I am a first time MB owner. Why the heck did I wait so long, this car is awesome. I purchased a New White 2010-1 C300W4.

Any way, need assistance with the USB option as listed in the "Command Operator's Manual". The car came with a Y cable (iPod/iPhone connector and 1/8 Aux input connector). My assumption was that I could simply order another cable with 3 connections, effectively adding the USB cable. It appears that I may be wrong. I asked my dealer about this and they ordered (can take back if wrong) a cable PN: A 204 827 03 04. It is a stand alone USB connection cable. It does work with a USB drive (verified by adding MP3 files to it and playing in car).

My question is this. Is there another cable that I can purchase that contains all 3 connections? I certainly hope so, seems kind of silly not to be able to charge (it charges my iPhone 4 when plugged in now, no need for me to buy the Scoche adapter) my iPhone and play music off of the USB drive at the same time. With the new cable, I have to unplug the original cable to use the new one.

Oh, don"t know if this is needed but I live in MD, USA. Car came with SIRIUS, Multimedia Package, iPod/MP3 Media Interface (I am assuming the original Y cable?), Command w/Navigation and Voice Control.

Thank you all for your assistance.

M. Wade