C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Hydro-Lock problems? NOT ME!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C-300 Sport
Hydro-Lock problems? NOT ME!!!

I just had to post this about my experience tonight:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I've lived here for 3.5 years now, and experienced the WORST rain I've ever seen. We had a isolated Tropical gust that gave over 4 inches of rain in less than 90 minutes tonight. As I was leaving work, I approached my car on the ground floor of the parking ramp, and it was sitting in 4+ inches of standing water.

I pulled out of the ramp and saw a low area that had standing water 6+ inches deep, as it was still pouring down, I sat and watched 3 cars Hydro-Lock in front of me, but watching for a path through.

(now let me preface this by saying I was WAY freaked out that I was going to kill my baby benz since I went from a HUMMER to the C300 and had heard the horror stories)

wellllll, my DIRE thurst for a beer overrode my better judgement at the time, but I decided I had to get home...

6+ inches of water, going at just above idle to not suck water into the intake, and YUP, NO PROBLEMS!!!

DAYUM, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

JP
Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by jtpmedic
I just had to post this about my experience tonight:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I've lived here for 3.5 years now, and experienced the WORST rain I've ever seen. We had a isolated Tropical gust that gave over 4 inches of rain in less than 90 minutes tonight. As I was leaving work, I approached my car on the ground floor of the parking ramp, and it was sitting in 4+ inches of standing water.

I pulled out of the ramp and saw a low area that had standing water 6+ inches deep, as it was still pouring down, I sat and watched 3 cars Hydro-Lock in front of me, but watching for a path through.

(now let me preface this by saying I was WAY freaked out that I was going to kill my baby benz since I went from a HUMMER to the C300 and had heard the horror stories)

wellllll, my DIRE thurst for a beer overrode my better judgement at the time, but I decided I had to get home...

6+ inches of water, going at just above idle to not suck water into the intake, and YUP, NO PROBLEMS!!!

DAYUM, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

JP
Damn 6 inches is like a third of the way up your tires
Old 09-07-2010, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
Should not have a problem sucking in water unless its 2ft high. But must have been funny watching everyone else lock up and you just drive through it haha