C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Intermittent buzzing sound from air intake with hard acceleration...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Intermittent buzzing sound from air intake with hard acceleration...anyone else?

I've noticed this problem off/on since I bought my C350 almost a year ago but it is annoying me more and more and I wonder if anyone else has had the problem?

Sometimes I can hear a buzzing sound coming from the air intake (I think) when I stomp on it at highway speeds. It almost sounds like something is loose in the air intake tube or ram air set-up but I have no idea what it is for sure... It only occurs sometimes which is even more puzzling but when it does it really takes away from the pleasant engine growl. Tonight on the way home it was fine but going to work this morning it was buzzy. Looking at the intake tube on the driver side it appears that one of the little clips may be broken where it securely snaps into the ram air plastic piece. This may be the culprit in which case it should be a warranty repair don't you think?

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this annoying sound in their C?