C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Switched from Crystal Vision bulbs to Diamond Vision bulbs...impressions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Switched from Crystal Vision bulbs to Diamond Vision bulbs...impressions...

I've had Philips Crystal Vision bulbs in the headlights and foglights for about 6 or 7 months. They were a nice upgrade from the stock halogen bulbs and provide good light output. . I wanted something that was a better match for the Polargs in the eyelids and side markers but I didn't want to go through the trouble of installing HIDs in the headlights and foglights. While they looked better than stock they were still slightly more yellow than the Polargs. I switched over to Philips Diamond Vision bulbs this weekend. They are a much better match with the Polargs but the actual light output appears significantly less than the Crystal Visions. I expected the light output to be less than the Crystal Visions based on the tint on the bulbs (Crystal visions just had blue tint on the tip...Diamond visions are completely tinted blue).

I'm going to keep the Diamond Visions in for a while and see what happens. It's a give and take...better color with slightly less output vs slightly yellowish color with better output. Oh well...just glad I was careful in removing the Crystal Vision bulbs and saved them.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 White C300 Sport
Originally Posted by NJBNZ
I've had Philips Crystal Vision bulbs in the headlights and foglights for about 6 or 7 months. They were a nice upgrade from the stock halogen bulbs and provide good light output. . I wanted something that was a better match for the Polargs in the eyelids and side markers but I didn't want to go through the trouble of installing HIDs in the headlights and foglights. While they looked better than stock they were still slightly more yellow than the Polargs. I switched over to Philips Diamond Vision bulbs this weekend. They are a much better match with the Polargs but the actual light output appears significantly less than the Crystal Visions. I expected the light output to be less than the Crystal Visions based on the tint on the bulbs (Crystal visions just had blue tint on the tip...Diamond visions are completely tinted blue).

I'm going to keep the Diamond Visions in for a while and see what happens. It's a give and take...better color with slightly less output vs slightly yellowish color with better output. Oh well...just glad I was careful in removing the Crystal Vision bulbs and saved them.
nice review!! would be better if you could maybe post some pics?
I ordered 4300k CV and still waiting for it to arrive

is the stock bulb 3000k?