C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Prospective MB owner needs your HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010 | 10:35 PM

02 Subaru WRX + 06 Scion TC
Prospective MB owner needs your HELP!

hey all! new to the forum here, and possibly a MB owner soon. I'm looking at a 2005 C230 Kompressor sedan this weekend. low miles. under 20K miles. Since i have never owned a MB before, can you please help me figure out what to really watch for, and what to know. Im planning on taking the car to another MB dealership and get an inspection done, they said it will be almost 190 bucks for an all inclusive inspection (2 hrs long), but i asked them if there was another one that revolves just around the mechanicals of the car, and she said it will be $125 bucks. I dont mind spending this money up front for some peace of mind, but i want to know what to look for for possible common C230-2005 problems.
Also, this will be a daily driver, and is the maintenance going to kill me? How about snow weather or even rain, i know tires matter, but is it ok if driven carefully or will i need snow tires for sure.
I'd appreciate any help please.
Also i heard that the C230 engine is too small for a Kompressor, and it wears out the engine in the long run. Any truth to that?

If not this car, then a newer Honda CIvic Si is on my mind. My other car is an 02 WRX.

thanks all!!