C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Eyebrow LED problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
Eyebrow LED problem...

Well I successfully replaced 3 of the 4 LEDs that are required to match the eyebrows to my HIDs. However, the closest LED to the grill on the passenger side won't turn on. I have checked to see if there is power coming to the leads and there is, BUT if I plug in any of the old bulbs that I know are working it still does not turn on so the LED (I'm assuming) is fine. I have tried flipping the leads etc... All I could think of now is that when I pulled the lead out I accidentally damaged the wires since they are so freaking short. This will be a PITA to fix but before I dive into that, I want to make sure I'm not missing something else such as possibly burning a fuse. I know this is highly unlikely since the other LEDs work like a charm. Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
pull the LEDs out the socket by 1mm, if you push too far into the socket the connectors will touch the resistor and cause it to short circuit
Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 AM

W204
Originally Posted by zankok
pull the LEDs out the socket by 1mm, if you push too far into the socket the connectors will touch the resistor and cause it to short circuit
Tried that as well but no go... I noticed that there are two wires going to one of the leads and a single one to the other too. Does anyone know if that is something like a remote wire?

Keep'em coming guys. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BBS LM's 18's + Kics
all of our led bulbs are error free or a full refund will apply
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
If you plug in the LED in the wrong polarity too long, car computer will register it as a burned out bulb and cut power to the socket (as there's no need to shoot power to a dead bulb). This is the same for all sockets with the feedback loop. By starting the car up a couple times with the light plugged in correctly, your car will reset and check to see if a bulb has been replaced and feed power back in. This might be what happened to you.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
If you plug in the LED in the wrong polarity too long, car computer will register it as a burned out bulb and cut power to the socket (as there's no need to shoot power to a dead bulb). This is the same for all sockets with the feedback loop. By starting the car up a couple times with the light plugged in correctly, your car will reset and check to see if a bulb has been replaced and feed power back in. This might be what happened to you.
What he said.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 PM

W204
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Awesome! Did what you said and it started working! Woohoo! I had to pull it out quiet a bit and it was hard getting it back in there with it sticking out so much but it worked!!! Thanks guys!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:12 PM

C350
Nice, glad you found the issue.