C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rattling Front Seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Rattling Front Seats?

I love my C300, but the seats, especially the drivers' has been driving me crazy.

I like to have the front part of the seat bottom raised, not all the way, but somewhat, to support my legs.

Unless I have the front of the bottom seat completely lowered, there is a rattle that comes from the seat. I can pull hard on the edges of the seat and make the rattle happen too. However, if the front of the seat is completely lowered, no rattle, or noise when pulled. Anyone else have this?

Do you think they could ever fix this??

Then, on the passenger front seat, bit less annoying unless I happen to be riding in it. However, pulling away from stop signs and whatnot, it's like the entire seat moves and creaks.

Anyone else?

Many thanks. I'm pretty bummed out about it as I was just about to buy my car off lease, but now I'm a bit scared of it. I'm driving it less due to the sounds from the seats.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Take it to the dealer and let them worry about it.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:56 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
Had the same problem, the third time they finally replaced my seat track and have not had a problem since, at least on that seat, now the passenger side is doing it! They hesitated to replace the tracks since they were so expensive but they did it.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by mac911
I love my C300, but the seats, especially the drivers' has been driving me crazy.

I like to have the front part of the seat bottom raised, not all the way, but somewhat, to support my legs.

Unless I have the front of the bottom seat completely lowered, there is a rattle that comes from the seat. I can pull hard on the edges of the seat and make the rattle happen too. However, if the front of the seat is completely lowered, no rattle, or noise when pulled. Anyone else have this?

Do you think they could ever fix this??

Then, on the passenger front seat, bit less annoying unless I happen to be riding in it. However, pulling away from stop signs and whatnot, it's like the entire seat moves and creaks.

Anyone else?

Many thanks. I'm pretty bummed out about it as I was just about to buy my car off lease, but now I'm a bit scared of it. I'm driving it less due to the sounds from the seats.
With all due respect, you are having a HUGE overreaction. If a seat rattle is the worst thing that ever happened to a car, it would win every quality award in the industry. Simply take it to the dealer, demonstrate the problem, let them diagnose the root cause and implement the warranty repair. They may need to order the part, but just let them eliminate the rattle.

Have a cup of tea and RELAX!!! You'll live longer!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS450+
Had same problem - eventually had to have the seat track replaced. It is not normal and don't let anyone tell your otherwise. The interior of the car shouldn't make ANY noises --- this is one of the reasons it is a Mercedes.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
Does anyone have the part number or a picture of the seat track? I'm having the same problem with my passenger side seat.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Thanks for all the feedback.

For those that had the track replaced, where did your seat rattle come from? The front of the seat?

If I have the front of the seat raised, I get a constant rattle.

Furthermore, on *both* sides, when coming to a stop and pulling away, the entire seat moves.

Which of these issues did you have fixed with the track?

Many thanks. Fantastic information.