C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

DIY SOLUTION IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE SEEING FUNCTIONS ON SMARTKEY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
DIY SOLUTION IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE SEEING FUNCTIONS ON SMARTKEY

Greetings all,

Newbie here . .

I believe this is my first post in an effort to assit any members with less than 20/20 vision.

I recently purchased C 300 Luxury sedan. As my eyes are not as sharp these days, I had trouble seeing the black on black functions on the SmartKey.
  • My daugter helped me resolve this problem by carefully painting each function with a light colored nail polish.
  • While the polish was drying, she went to the local craft store and purchased a very inexpensive tube of Glow in the Dark craft paint.(G.I.D.C.P.)
  • She applied the G.I.D.C.P. by going over the previously painted functions again.
  • Once dried, she covered each of the painted funtions with a very light coat of clear nail polish.
Now I am able to clearly see the SmartKey functions under all lighting conditions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards to all

Ralph
Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 AM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Share some pictures

Originally Posted by rjp0325
Greetings all,

Newbie here . .

I believe this is my first post in an effort to assit any members with less than 20/20 vision.

I recently purchased C 300 Luxury sedan. As my eyes are not as sharp these days, I had trouble seeing the black on black functions on the SmartKey.
  • My daugter helped me resolve this problem by carefully painting each function with a light colored nail polish.
  • While the polish was drying, she went to the local craft store and purchased a very inexpensive tube of Glow in the Dark craft paint.(G.I.D.C.P.)
  • She applied the G.I.D.C.P. by going over the previously painted functions again.
  • Once dried, she covered each of the painted funtions with a very light coat of clear nail polish.
Now I am able to clearly see the SmartKey functions under all lighting conditions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards to all

Ralph
Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I agree, I wanna see some pictures. I ususally have no trouble knowing which functions are which as there are only 3 and I have memorized the location, but it would be pretty cool to do that anyway.

My question is, what is the point of step 1? Why can't you just use glow in the dark paint and paint them on the functions for night time viewing. My only guess is that the first step is for improved daytime recognition, which I have no problem with at my young age.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
very interesting to have glow in the dark buttons. in my experience, glow in the dark makes almost everything cooler, haha.

I would love to see some pictures

and I agree that there are only three buttons to memorize, and usually keys from other manufacturers use the same three buttons in the same location
Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 PM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
Is there REALLY a need to do all that considering there are only 4 buttons...and considering most people rarely use the panic button (except for finding ur car in a parking lot) you only have to remember lock, unlock and trunk. Seems like more trouble than its worth

Last edited by NJBNZ; 01-05-2011 at 12:26 PM.