C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300 4matic luxury wheel torque specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Luxury 4Matic
C300 4matic luxury wheel torque specs

About two weeks ago I had my tires changed on my 2008 C300 4Matic. I put Continental ExtremeContact DWS's on the stock rims. I'm noticing a high-pitched whine that started roughly about the same time. The whine is directly related to how fast the car is going. I don't think it is increased road noise from the tires. A friend of mine suggested I check the the torque setting on the lug nuts. He said that if the nuts are torqued too much, which some tire shops will do, they could damage the bearings which would cause problems, including noise. Has anyone encountered similar issues? Does anyone know the proper torque setting for these rims?
Thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by PorterFNU
About two weeks ago I had my tires changed on my 2008 C300 4Matic. I put Continental ExtremeContact DWS's on the stock rims. I'm noticing a high-pitched whine that started roughly about the same time. The whine is directly related to how fast the car is going. I don't think it is increased road noise from the tires. A friend of mine suggested I check the the torque setting on the lug nuts. He said that if the nuts are torqued too much, which some tire shops will do, they could damage the bearings which would cause problems, including noise. Has anyone encountered similar issues? Does anyone know the proper torque setting for these rims?
Thanks
It is in the Owner's Manual. My '09 shows 96 ft-lb. The way it is written, it sounds like it is for the compact spare but I have to believe it's the spec for the normal wheels as well.