C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How many of you are into the stance scene?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
How many of you are into the stance scene?

I know the G35/350z community its huge and even in the european community. My question is how many of you follow the scene and frequent sites like hellaflush, stance nation, canibeat, just stance, etc.... Any of you care to share your secrets for running a proper setup on a W204 as far as wheel diameter/width/and offsets on how to achieve a proper flush look? Thanks for your input. Post pics of your stanced W204 if you have one

Last edited by xXHotelCrazyXx; 01-16-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
I know they arnt W204's but for those who dont know what im talking about, here are some proper setups just to start:

Old 01-16-2011, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
I guess everyone has their own "taste"...but taking a highly engineered vehicle, were high-paid and well educated engineers have spent countless hours optimizing the vehicle dynamics, and just wasting it with oversized rims and tires that just do not fit...It is just not for me...no disrespect, but I think this "fad" will pass with age...people will look back and say to themselves looking at these pictures..."what was I thinking?"
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
I wouldnt go as far as saying its a "waste", when most of the wheels posted are actually lighter than OEM, but like you said it all comes down to preference. Me personally, I dont like the look of wheels that look lost in the fender wells with weak offsets and wheel gap, which is why aftermarket wheels IMO is one of the best upgrades you can do to make a car look great. The engineers are being modest when they design a car simply because the type of people that buy these cars could care less about the aftermarket world, but for those who do, can fine tune the car and make it more desirable when they begin to get bored with it!

Last edited by xXHotelCrazyXx; 01-16-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c350
Agreed . I think these cars look good like this although its not for everyone . Most people work very hard to afford a Mercedes or other highly engineered cars and by the time they get said car their taste will have changed . Example : s class buyer up to their 30's might swap out wheels or maybe a tune ... someone older say in their 40s probably wouldnt be interested in changing anything . Its really all about age demographic .
Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
do you mean the VIP look?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
I think if its done properly it looks pretty cool, but lets be realistic.. it kills performance when 1/4th of the rear tire isnt making contact with the ground, with all that camber. I think its fair to say its just for looks.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
VIP look can fall into this category but im not crazy about it

Originally Posted by bigigg
I think if its done properly it looks pretty cool, but lets be realistic.. it kills performance when 1/4th of the rear tire isnt making contact with the ground, with all that camber. I think its fair to say its just for looks.
Correct, though im not a fan of crazy camber when the whole tire isnt making contact with the ground

Last edited by xXHotelCrazyXx; 01-16-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
Naw hellaflush xP its the only way to go

Here are some pics from previous meets and some for the lulz

How many of you are into the stance scene?-img_3815.jpg
How many of you are into the stance scene?-img_3821.jpg
How many of you are into the stance scene?-img_3824.jpg
How many of you are into the stance scene?-img_3825.jpg

How many of you are into the stance scene?-img_3851.jpg
Old 01-16-2011, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
and If your serious I can ask some of my friends for you they ride it lower than low riders
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
I wouldnt go as far as saying its a "waste", when most of the wheels posted are acually lighter than OEM, but like you said it all comes down to preference. Me personally, I dont like the look of wheels that look lost in the fender wells with weak offsets and wheel gap, which is why aftermarket wheels IMO is one of the best upgrades you can do to make a car look great. The engineers are being modest when they design a car simply because the type of people that buy these cars could care less about the aftermarket world, but for those who do, can fine tune the car and make it more desirable when they begin to get bored with it!
Sorry...what a terrible thing to do to a perfectly innocent car!! A few false premises here, as well.

-Reduced mass for lower unsprung weight is a good thing, but it doesn't require, and is actually undone by, these performance-destroying fitments.
-The chassis engineers I knew while working at an OE never had "modesty" as a functional nor dynamic objective. They are trying to find that sometimes elusive balance between a variety of forces, including cost and an appearance that will be accepted by the target market, and not look like a vehicle likely to be taken into evidence at a crime scene. (Although, I think you mean the buyers could NOT care less, as if they could care less, they still care more than the minimum!)
-I agree aftermarket wheels can make a nice upgrade, just like new/more stylish shoes for a person, but the goal is for them to actually fit! The cars shown above not only no longer have wheels which fit, but now perform much more poorly. And, the point is...............???

Sorry if this sounds harsh...no personal comments intended, but this just makes no sense to me at all.

Last edited by Sportstick; 01-16-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 PM

W204 CGI Turbo AMG
I think the whole idea of stance scene is kinda like VIP styling in our country, it all about big shinny wheels and super low body of your vehicle. Recently it's quite popular to do such pimping in Japan, Hong Kong and China etc. It's not about car performances anymore, it's all about making your vehicle looks cool and unique. Is that right guys?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by handsomechris
I think the whole idea of stance scene is kinda like VIP styling in our country, it all about big shinny wheels and super low body of your vehicle. Recently it's quite popular to do such pimping in Japan, Hong Kong and China etc. It's not about car performances anymore, it's all about making your vehicle looks cool and unique. Is that right guys?
It's to be unique and its a hobby to many people vip or hellaflush both ways its just a hobby, Of course people arn't that dumb it decreases performance, but it adds style to their car. A mans only as good as his car
Old 01-16-2011, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Sorry...what a terrible thing to do to a perfectly innocent car!! A few false premises here, as well.

-Reduced mass for lower unsprung weight is a good thing, but it doesn't require, and is actually undone by, these performance-destroying fitments.
-The chassis engineers I knew while working at an OE never had "modesty" as a functional nor dynamic objective. They are trying to find that sometimes elusive balance between a variety of forces, including cost and an appearance that will be accepted by the target market, and not look like a vehicle likely to be taken into evidence at a crime scene. (Although, I think you mean the buyers could NOT care less, as if they could care less, they still care more than the minimum!)
-I agree aftermarket wheels can make a nice upgrade, just like new/more stylish shoes for a person, but the goal is for them to actually fit! The cars shown above not only no longer have wheels which fit, but now perform much more poorly. And, the point is...............???

Sorry if this sounds harsh...no personal comments intended, but this just makes no sense to me at all.
Nice input. But it is obvious that people running aggressive wheels and stance care mostly about form>function and some do it better than others. I have a pretty aggressive stanced G but my tread actually sits on the ground, so when I do have the urge to do some spirited driving, I can do so with confidence. I know that some of the photos above arnt to others liking simply because they are concerned about performance, but reality is, these cars arnt built for the track, and simply driven to work/school/car meets etc.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 AM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
We got a few members here with cut springs that shows a very aggressive drop/ stance... car show material

That's whats good with adjustable coilovers... You can tune your suspension to your own liking
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 AM

W204 CGI Turbo AMG
Originally Posted by ZeroSeVen
We got a few members here with cut springs that shows a very aggressive drop/ stance... car show material

That's whats good with adjustable coilovers... You can tune your suspension to your own liking
Cutting the spring is very risky and dangerous when you're driving
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Here's stance for you
How many of you are into the stance scene?-photo-10-1.jpg

Obviously not normal ride height. Juiced, not bagged.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 AM

c350
I think most w204 owners are more towards luxury and smooth ride. I'm more for performance and the hellaflush trend would just kill the car in the canyons. A show car is nice but not if you can't drive it like you stole ;] Ur g had a nice look to it, sporty and aggressive. Not like it's going to pop a wheel if it goes over 10mph like those pics.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
Originally Posted by ZeroSeVen

+1
If you have to cut your springs, then you made the wrong decision on buying a benz

Originally Posted by envyxc350
I think most w204 owners are more towards luxury and smooth ride. I'm more for performance and the hellaflush trend would just kill the car in the canyons. A show car is nice but not if you can't drive it like you stole ;] Ur g had a nice look to it, sporty and aggressive. Not like it's going to pop a wheel if it goes over 10mph like those pics.
I agree, i think stretched tires look neat, but its not neat enough to sacrifice safety and which is why i run square tires
Old 01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Nice input.... these cars arnt built for the track, and simply driven to work/school/car meets etc.
Thanks for taking it in the right spirit!

The difference in perspective is that I changed my wheels, tires, and antisway bars, but never go to the track, no shows either. I bought it to drive it "fully", every day. All the components are consistent with the original design intent. But, I sure enjoy every turn, cloverleaf, etc., in a way those cars could no longer provide, not to mention more predictable emergency behavior if that unfortunate need should ever arise.

But, I get your point...I just cannot viscerally understand it.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 AM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
i think it looks awful...kinda like you wanted to go out and buy really cool, big rims but bought the wrong size tires to go with them. The slammed/tires tucked in the fenders reminds me of the old, beat up hoopties that are scraping the ground because their suspension is shot
Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 AM

09 C300S 4M
I think it looks disgusting... but still respect those who have done a great job with it. Some are botched, whereas for some you can appreciate that the work was done right.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Thanks for taking it in the right spirit!

The difference in perspective is that I changed my wheels, tires, and antisway bars, but never go to the track, no shows either. I bought it to drive it "fully", every day. All the components are consistent with the original design intent. But, I sure enjoy every turn, cloverleaf, etc., in a way those cars could no longer provide, not to mention more predictable emergency behavior if that unfortunate need should ever arise.

But, I get your point...I just cannot viscerally understand it.
Constructive criticism accepted
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM

'09 C300 4Matic Sport
The amount of drop on the rear tire is perfect...the front however looks ridiculous.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
my slammed 204 before i wrecked it (cant even put a blackberry under the front lip, or side skirt)... sigh.... just needed to put spacers and push the wheels out to get tha hella flush thang goin on...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are into the stance scene?