C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Part number for the upper radiator hose assembly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c300
Part number for the upper radiator hose assembly

Hello all. I am new to the forum so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong section. I just bought a 2009 c300. It is now in the shop for the 2nd time in less than 3 weeks. Long story short, I'm not happy with the service department so I'm taking matters in to my own hands. The current problem is a leak in the hose that runs from the radiator over flow tank to the top radiator hose. It looks like at some point the hose may have come out of the clip that secures it to the top of the radiator and got shaved down by the fan until a leak eventually developed. The shop claims its my fault and wants $350 to repair it. I'm not gonna pay that for such a minor repair. I see two options; replace the hose with a new one or cut the hose in two and repair with a coupling. Again its the overflow hose that's leaking not the big radiator hose but it appears to me they are made together. I've found some websites that offer what appears to be the correct replacement hose with part # 2045010382-22 but have a not that states "Not for cars with Partial Zero Emissions (Code 917)". I'm not sure what that means. Could this part # be the right one for my car? Thanks for any guidance or opinion, Mark
Old 01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Repairing the small overflow hose with a coupling seems your best choice. But be sure the repair is done with a correct application & size, non slip coupling with the best available hose clips & competent mechanic to do it.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Do you have another dealership in your area? It sounds like this dealership is cheap and certainly not one I would want to deal with, especially in the long run. Why would you purposefully cut your radiator hose. I swear, some dealers will do anything to make a quick buck...
Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c300
Good News!

The dealership is going to fix it for me free of charge! I guess I bugged enough people that they finally caved in to get rid of me (their pita). I no longer am concerned about the part# for the hose since I don't need to buy one. The other closest dealer is 90 miles away so that's not an option. I was going to fix it myself with a coupling but now I don't have to. I'm guessing I would have needed some genuine MB antifreeze which appears to cost about $20 a gallon online. Thank for the feedback.