C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Issue Playing mp3's off of a memory card

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Issue Playing mp3's off of a memory card

Hey, I've had my PCMCIA adapter with a 16GB card for over a year now, and up until recently, had no issues. Recently, when I transferred a new set of songs onto the card, I'd try playing them in the car and they would all be the same song...

To add to that, it wasn't even the full song, it would be random clips of the song mixed with other songs. Kept happening, so I deleted everything and started over. I noticed that when I transfer mp3's from my Mac, there is an extra file that is copied over (file name will be the same, but it starts with a period). So my car will flip through the extra files, then finally get to the song (so nothing will play until it gets to track 16 for example).

Anyone have an idea on
1) Why the songs would get copied over like that?
2) What those "extra" files are?

I was guessing that the songs started getting mixed up because I used to delete those extra files, and I would rename the song and leave off the ".mp3"

Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4matic Special Edition
I also have problems copying mp3 files from my Mac to the memory card. I get the same extra files. I got so frustrated that I loaded the memory card into my Windows laptop and deleted all the extra files (they were grayed out so were easy to find). Popped the card back into the car and all was fine.

Don't forget that the car is Windows based!!!!!!