C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Kudos to MBUSA & my dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 Sport, 2010 RX350 AWD
Kudos to MBUSA & my dealer

Took my car to dealer last week b/c of audio playback issues, left side speakers would play louder than the right side, doesn't matter if radio, cd, mp3 or ipod is the input source, when usb is selected as input source, right side speaker sound is almost non-exist (I had UMI/Nav+4 installed back in 04/2009)

After taken the car to my dealer (beshoff motorcars in san jose) they concluded I have a defective UMI control module and would need to have the entire UMI/Nav+4 replaced since you can not just order the UMI control module..the cost for the parts is $1,290 + $250 for the labor..
Even though my car is still under warranty, UMI/Nav+4 is not covered because it is not part of the original equipment and only comes with 12 month warranty

I was really disappointed both at the high repair cost & UMI/Nav+4 would fail less than 2 yrs after installation, my SA then suggested I write an e-mail to MBUSA to express my disappointment and see if MBUSA would offer some assisstance..

A couple days after I send the e-mail, I got a call from MBUSA telling me they have contacted my dealer and made the arrangement so I would only have to pay for the labor cost!!

Took my car back to dealer on Tuesday and they kept the car for 3 days because they want to throughly inspect the car to make sure problem is only related to UMI control module, the lead tech told me they checked not just the UMI control unit, but also HU, harness between HU & UMI, harness between HU & speakers..

Picked up the car this afternoon and audio playback is now flawless, what's even better is the UMI unit they replaced is the late model w/ current map & software, I was going to spend $200 for the upgrade anyway so I only out $50 to have the problem fixed..

KUDOS to MBUSA & BESHOFF Motorcars for taken care of its customer!!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport / SAKs Ed.
Congrats! Thats great Customer Service and that type of effort that will make for life long customers.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Nissan GT-R BE
That's great news! BTW do you have any experience dealing with Smyth European?

Sheep