C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iPhone Integration, 2010+ W204 plus Pandora

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
iPhone Integration, 2010+ W204 plus Pandora

I have a quick question. I have a 2009 C63 US Spec which came with the iPod Integration kit. I removed that and installed the UCI / Media Interface (Option 518) so that it has the same interface as the MY2010 MM COMAND cars. I had the dealer update my COMAND system today to the latest version, and the UCI works fine on both the center screen and cluster for controlling the iPod on my iPhone. That's where the issue comes in. Once I select "Media Interface" on the COMAND screen and plug the iPhone in, it starts to play music from the iPhone. No issue there, however previously with the iPod integration kit, I could open Pandora and it would become the primary music app. When I do that now, Pandora will play for like 5-7 seconds, then fade out, and the iPod song starts playing again. I removed all media from my iPhone, and it won't play anything.

I have a Media Interface Plus on order which will solve this problem since it will put Pandora up on the COMAND screen, however is there a way to stop the song that's playing through the media interface so that Pandora can play without interruption when not using the MIP? If I missed this I'm going to feel a bit stupid, however I went through the menus and couldn't find a way to pause or stop a song from playing on the iPhone. Any help would be appreciated.