C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How to burn MP3s Correctly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
How to burn MP3s Correctly

Hey guys, i want to ask, in my iTunes library i have a couple of Playlists such as Dance Music, Rock, Hiphop etc.. and i tried to burn a couple of CDs so i can play the music in my 2011 C300 but i have a problem.

i burned already 4 CDs with different music and when i insert the CD into the CD Player in my car the Car doesnt read the Artist name and album info , it only shows the song's Name. No artist or any other info..

Now , in my iTunes library the music i burned has full info in the Tag such as Album, artist and all the info, Why does the Music get burned with Only the title , i want to the Car to show the Full song information you know, such as Artist, song name , album,

I tried burning with Toast and with iTunes, both resulted in the car only showing the Name of the song, no artist.

How do u guys burn the music so the car displays the full name? I have my music organized in itunes so my only way to burn is from itunes, i dont have the music organized in folders outside of itunes

Last edited by lamonsas; 03-23-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by lamonsas
Hey guys, i want to ask, in my iTunes library i have a couple of Playlists such as Dance Music, Rock, Hiphop etc.. and i tried to burn a couple of CDs so i can play the music in my 2011 C300 but i have a problem.

i burned already 4 CDs with different music and when i insert the CD into the CD Player in my car the Car doesnt read the Artist name and album info , it only shows the song's Name. No artist or any other info..

Now , in my iTunes library the music i burned has full info in the Tag such as Album, artist and all the info, Why does the Music get burned with Only the title , i want to the Car to show the Full song information you know, such as Artist, song name , album,

I tried burning with Toast and with iTunes, both resulted in the car only showing the Name of the song, no artist.

How do u guys burn the music so the car displays the full name? I have my music organized in itunes so my only way to burn is from itunes, i dont have the music organized in folders outside of itunes
I have done the same and have never solved this problem. On purchased CDs loading direct, the info does transfer across but not with music purchased from I-Tunes and then burned to a disc. Even if there were a way to manually enter the info, it would take forever.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Are you trying to transfer MP3s into the hard drive in the car (this would require the Multimedia package) or are you trying to use an MP3 disc?

I've used MP3 discs and had the car recognize the song title, artist name, and I'm pretty sure the album title. I don't remember doing anything special to make that happen and I use iTunes too. I haven't done it in quite a while, though, because I wasn't happy with the slow speed at which the car reads the disc and starts playing music.

There's a 19 page thread about MP3 discs over at benzworld but it was started in 2005 and I can tell you that I definitely did not follow any of the advice in the first post. Maybe there's some newer, better information that's more relevant to the W204 later in the thread.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...rning-how.html
Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 PM

2011 C300
yes RLE, im burning MP3s to a CD. i have my MP3s in iTunes and the car only show the song's TITLE, no Artist info or album name but again, if i pop that burned disc into my computer , itunes read's all the song's info and iD Tags with full song information so i know the ID Tags are intact, its good to know im not alone on this one.

So rle u are saying the car DOES display full song info however only with original CDs?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by lamonsas
yes RLE, im burning MP3s to a CD. i have my MP3s in iTunes and the car only show the song's TITLE, no Artist info or album name but again, if i pop that burned disc into my computer , itunes read's all the song's info and iD Tags with full song information so i know the ID Tags are intact, its good to know im not alone on this one.

So rle u are saying the car DOES display full song info however only with original CDs?
Almost always.

When some have posted in the past that they have downloaded X-thousand songs onto the HD, I wonder how they ever find them again.