C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Anyone else loose Sirius satellite this morning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Anyone else loose Sirius satellite this morning?

When I came out of a store this morning, Sirius satellite was tuned to a different station and was asking that I activate service. I've had continued service for 3.5 years so there isn't a good reason for it to need reactivation.

I talked to a CSR and she pinged the account. Nothing happened...nada.

Anybody else?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Not that, but in the past few days, our Sirius in the E (but not the C?) has had the display stay visible for the station, but audio was silent. Of course, it won't do it on demand for the dealer to witness!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM

2015 C300 4Matic (W205)
it happen to me several times in the past few weeks. this morning inciddent only lasted a minute top.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Since I'm beyond warranty coverage, I think I might give it a few days to be sure it isn't some kind of Sirius glitch.

The way it happened was very strange. I've had sat radio problems before and thought they finally got it fixed about a year ago. This time around, it didn't give any hints that it was about to go out. Went to Lowes to pick up some stuff and when I went got back in the car I got the message on the screen. Its not like I hit any hard bumps that would have jared something loose.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by JimPap
Since I'm beyond warranty coverage, I think I might give it a few days to be sure it isn't some kind of Sirius glitch.

The way it happened was very strange. I've had sat radio problems before and thought they finally got it fixed about a year ago. This time around, it didn't give any hints that it was about to go out. Went to Lowes to pick up some stuff and when I went got back in the car I got the message on the screen. Its not like I hit any hard bumps that would have jared something loose.
I had similar problems this week so you can see it's a Sirius problem, not the car.

This too shall pass.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Solution found.

The SID (Sirius indentification number) displayed on the radio for whatever reason did not agree with the SID number shown on my online Sirius account.

I don't know if it was the Sirius data base that was corrupted or what but once I got a hold of a customer support person who knew what they were doing (took 4 calls) to change the SID number on their records. Then did a refresh signal and bingo...its now working like it should. I had called several other times and had the signal refreshed which did no good as the SID number they were refreshing wasn't the one on my radio.

An interesting side note is that this scrambling of the SID number happened to the day from 1 year after my 2 year subscription expired. I have been paying month to month since then. I'm not believing that it's coincidence. In any event, I avoided a trip to the dealership for something I could fix.