C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Conti DWS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 Sport
Conti DWS

Guys, I know this topic was all over about advantages and disadvantages of DWS. I am ready to replace my crappy stock Michelins that not good in winter not good in summer and not good in ride comfort.

I read all comments about DWS and I am concerned about some issues in turn in and lateral stability. Tire has some price advantage. Do you have any experience in compare with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Life is full of compromises!

If you have 17", based on comments I've read here, but don't know firsthand, pass on DWS. The report was that the 17" sidewall construction is much "squishier" than one would expect from the much better 18", more than the size would lead one to expect. If you have 18", read on!

I have both of your choices in my garage...Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on the C and DWS on the E, so the car difference complicates my comparison, but if you know enough to be concerned about turn-in, etc., you will likely appreciate the Michelin superiority...but once winter sets in......as tirerack.com complimented in their testing, the DWS is in a different league.

However, we still swap for Blizzaks on both cars when the snow starts piling up around here, allowing the all seasons to go no further than the first flurries.

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-08-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
[The report was that the 17" sidewall construction is much "squishier"]<--- is this why I felt the car was sliding when I made a sharp & fast turn at a corner?? It feel like the rear-end of the car got push to the side.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
ive had dws on my car for a while now. I like them alot, they are really good in the rain.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 PM

08 C350 Sport
Thanks for the comments. I do have 17", so I definitely need to consider A/S. We do not have much snow in DC area, maybe couple of times in winter. I wanted to avoid dedicate winter tires. Stock Michelins advertised M&S, but I could not even move my car on light snow.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:01 PM

C300 Sport
Thumbs up

I have the ContiSportExtremeContact DWS tires on my wife's Challenger SRT8. They are awesome in 275/40/R20 on the rear and 245/45/R20 on the front for that vehicle. I have planned on putting them on my W204 soon as the stock tires are fading.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
I have the Conti Extreme Contact DWS (on 18") and I have been extremely satisfied with it.

I used to have a dedicated set of 17" snow tires for the winter and 18" performance tires for the summer, but after hearing the great reviews on Tire Rack and a couple car club forums I jumped on a set when Tire Rack had a sale on them.
As summer tires they perform better than the stock tires and were much quieter.
As winter tires (I have 4matic) they had excellent grip on snow, very stable and had great breaking traction. It felt just as confident (maybe even better) as my front-wheel drive Passat with a set of Blizzak tires (which performed beautifully).

Even at regular price they are an excellent value especially when they don't wear as fast as some of the other tire I have gone through.
This is the first year with the DWS in Toronto and I feel confident to use it year round and happy that I don't need to change wheels/tires each season, and happy that I could keep my 18" wheels on all the time.

I would definitely recommend the Contis to anyone and will be continue to be my replacement set.