C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Brabus Tail Lights Estimate...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
Ahh nice to see so many locals on here If you head over to Thriftway AutoBody in Lindenhurst speak to the owner, Chris. I am a good friend of his and he has done incredible work on my cars in the past. Tell him Jules from Havoc Motorsports sent you and he will take great care of you
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM

C300 4MATIC Sport
OK thanks a lot. I will give this a shot before I give them my car. What do you think it will come to with the grill painted and the brabus tail lights?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:08 PM

2011 C300 Sport
I'm not 100% sure but consider this; they prepped/painted my fiberglass bumper two-tone (red/black), installed it, and installed my carbon fiber fenders and aligned them with my carbon hood and new bumper for a total of $350 His work is flawless! I recommend all the local genesis customers to him and in exchange he takes care of me and everyone I send!

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/6e6b2ac5.jpg

Thriftway AutoBody
Chris Hughes (Owner)
(631) 226-1160
10 Auburn Street
Lindenhurst‎ NY
Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 PM

C300 4MATIC Sport
WOW!I am guessing I can get the grill painted for $100 if the guy is doing all that work for $350 man. Thanks for the tip I really appreciate it.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM

C300 4MATIC Sport
Just got back from speaking with Chris at Thriftway Autobody shop in Lindenhurst.

WOW am I happy I went and I really want to thank you Jules. I did mention your name and Chris seemed very glad to hear it.

I got an estimate to do my front grille (black and keep the chrome) and brabus style taillights for $300 in total. I was shocked. He said the grill is an easy $100 job and the taillights would cost $200.

I received an estimate of $650 at Martino Auto Concepts in Glen Cove, and many other similar estimates at other places on LI.

Chris seemed very confident that he would be able to do the taillights and assured me everything would be OK. They even do work over the weekend which is perfect for me since I am going away this weekend. I told him if he does good work I will tell my friend, who needs his front and back bumper sprayed, to come to him.

I am so happy I saved $350 and decided to get this estimate done. Chris was a really nice guy and I am glad to be giving him the business. I hope that the work is good though of course haha! Anyway, for 50% cheaper, I have to take the chance with Thirftway Autobody in Lindenhurst.

Pictures should be posted by the middle of next week. I'll let you guys know!

Thank you for your referral Jules. I owe you big time.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Cpbball3
Just got back from speaking with Chris at Thriftway Autobody shop in Lindenhurst.

WOW am I happy I went and I really want to thank you Jules. I did mention your name and Chris seemed very glad to hear it.

I got an estimate to do my front grille (black and keep the chrome) and brabus style taillights for $300 in total. I was shocked. He said the grill is an easy $100 job and the taillights would cost $200.

I received an estimate of $650 at Martino Auto Concepts in Glen Cove, and many other similar estimates at other places on LI.

Chris seemed very confident that he would be able to do the taillights and assured me everything would be OK. They even do work over the weekend which is perfect for me since I am going away this weekend. I told him if he does good work I will tell my friend, who needs his front and back bumper sprayed, to come to him.

I am so happy I saved $350 and decided to get this estimate done. Chris was a really nice guy and I am glad to be giving him the business. I hope that the work is good though of course haha! Anyway, for 50% cheaper, I have to take the chance with Thirftway Autobody in Lindenhurst.

Pictures should be posted by the middle of next week. I'll let you guys know!

Thank you for your referral Jules. I owe you big time.
Now that's more like it! Those prices look more reasonable. I was wondering, how are you painting the brabus lines exactly? Firstly, I'm assuming you're just painting the lines on the outside of the lights vs. what brabus does which is take the housing unit apart and paints the lights from the inside? And are you just painting the border and then 2 horizontal lines straight from side to side? Plain and simple? As you can see from the 3 pics I attached in my earlier post, the vertical border of the reverse light seems a bit tricky. Just wondering if you're going to that level of detail or not. I wonder if these lights are easy to take apart so the lines can be painted from the inside vs. the outside?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 AM

2011 C300 Sport
Very glad I could help man!! I promise you will not be disappointed with the work they do. I've had several different lip kits and body kits painted and worked on by them and haven't had a single complaint I'd say about 90% of the time I stop by there is a genesis I've sent in for some work haha.

This comes at a good time for me too because hopefully he'll give me even more
of a break on paint matching my front and rear bumpers to the matte black vinyl on the rest of the car :p
Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 AM

08-C350 black/black
How did this come out? any pix?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 AM

2010 C63 AMG
I ended up doing my tail lights and LED fronts. Click on my profile and you'll see my photo album on the right. Very happy with it.