C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-10-2015, 12:58 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain
Print Wikipost

New Platinum Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350W
cannot find non resistor plug for E350 / C300. OE plug is Y7MPP33 which is not listed in Bosch website.
Is YR7MPP33 acceptable?
Old 08-11-2015, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C300 sport
Hi
Just joined this forum. I have a 2008 c300 sport. Bought it new summer of 08 so I've owned it for 7 years now. It has 213,500 miles on her now. Just had its 36th oil change today. It's been the best car I've ever owned. And I've been driving MB products since my first 300E back in 1990, have had Es, S, SL, and this C.
Nothing ever broke until 210,000. Ac compressor went out. I've gotten 100k miles out of brake pads. Changed front struts at 210k miles for the heck of it.
Other than the bottom drivers seat wearing out ( seams deprecating ) the interior looks cherry. Trans shifts perfectly. Performed first trans fluid change at 100k miles then every 40k since. Other than tires, (on my 7th set now,) brakes, wiper blades, changed belt at 140k miles because idler pully started squeaking ( belt still looked good ), spark plugs at 110k miles, (due to change now) and light bulbs, nothing ever went wrong with this car! It's amazing. Absolutely the best car I've ever owned.
My question is about plugs. I am no mechanic, but changing these plugs are a snap. Did it myself the first time and ngks are available on line for under 60 bucks no tax and free shipping. Just ordered them. But wondering about wires and coils??? Should I change them now??? How do you know when to do that?
Thanks for being out there you guys. This forum is really helpful. If anyone knows or has a w204 ( 08-14 C300 ) with high miles, I'd like to compare notes with you on how your car has stood up.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 3.0L FLEX
Originally Posted by Chris T.
Hi
Just joined this forum. I have a 2008 c300 sport. Bought it new summer of 08 so I've owned it for 7 years now. It has 213,500 miles on her now. Just had its 36th oil change today. It's been the best car I've ever owned. And I've been driving MB products since my first 300E back in 1990, have had Es, S, SL, and this C.
Nothing ever broke until 210,000. Ac compressor went out. I've gotten 100k miles out of brake pads. Changed front struts at 210k miles for the heck of it.
Other than the bottom drivers seat wearing out ( seams deprecating ) the interior looks cherry. Trans shifts perfectly. Performed first trans fluid change at 100k miles then every 40k since. Other than tires, (on my 7th set now,) brakes, wiper blades, changed belt at 140k miles because idler pully started squeaking ( belt still looked good ), spark plugs at 110k miles, (due to change now) and light bulbs, nothing ever went wrong with this car! It's amazing. Absolutely the best car I've ever owned.
My question is about plugs. I am no mechanic, but changing these plugs are a snap. Did it myself the first time and ngks are available on line for under 60 bucks no tax and free shipping. Just ordered them. But wondering about wires and coils??? Should I change them now??? How do you know when to do that?
Thanks for being out there you guys. This forum is really helpful. If anyone knows or has a w204 ( 08-14 C300 ) with high miles, I'd like to compare notes with you on how your car has stood up.
From what I understand, no need to replace coils until they go out. I just had two throwing fault codes on my 08 C300 Sport. I'll be replacing them this weekend - I'll let you all know how it goes. I have yet to see a DIY on how to remove the coils, but replacing the spark plugs on this car was a cinch. If you know how to remove your engine cover and use a socket wrench, you're golden. You just need to pick up the weird Torx head that MB requires (and if you've done any work on this car, you already own a set).
Old 02-17-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300
Originally Posted by brettysetgo
From what I understand, no need to replace coils until they go out. I just had two throwing fault codes on my 08 C300 Sport. I'll be replacing them this weekend - I'll let you all know how it goes. I have yet to see a DIY on how to remove the coils, but replacing the spark plugs on this car was a cinch. If you know how to remove your engine cover and use a socket wrench, you're golden. You just need to pick up the weird Torx head that MB requires (and if you've done any work on this car, you already own a set).
Yep- plugs are easy on this car - remove engine cover ) and I think airbox) and they are readily accessible. A couple of tips.

1. Get a magnetic plug socket from autoparts store. Helps remove plug from hole. You will need 4-6" or so extension to your ratcheting wrench.

2. NGK were the originals in mine and at 90k miles , 8 years they still looked fine . Most would recommend replacing with same ngk's - I used denso iridium with no issues

3. No anti-siEze on the thread - if you contaminate the tip of plug it will be an issue and torque spec will be wrong. (Some plugs have zinc coating already on their threads )

4. I prefer to use torque wrench versus hand tight plus quater turn - if plug is in too loose you could damage the engine and too tight will strip the head. So be careful when installing plugs in alloy head. Look up correct torque spec - I forget off the top of my head - but something like 18lb/ft 25nm ?