C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Another wheel question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
IPB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300 4matic
Another wheel question

Hey just wondering if anyone has CE 076's on their C? I really like the style and think it'll be a very complimentary wheel for the car.

Does anyone have experience with CE Wheels? I've always had Advans, BBS, and the like so not too sure on these but I want to try somethign new.

Can't put up pics at work so here is a link:
http://whippetwheels.com/view-wheel-...r-hyper-silver

Tried searching but came up blank.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Ive never heard anything about them, theyre pretty nice wheels. Not my first choice but at least they have lips and are dish type wheels, thats the way to go. Theres a guy not long ago selling 2 month old wheels just like this diff brand same look in classified. look them up maybe you can save some $$. anyway the fit is fine, 40mm will clear out back w 9.5 wheels, be careful if you plan to drop w tire size
Old 05-14-2011, 09:59 AM

2011_C350
I set this response up with this statement....not to sound like an a$$, just to gain some virtual credibility....

Worked in the tire wheel industry for the largest indy tire co, was called upon by many manufacturers to provide wheel/tire support for SEMA cars.....

Cast aluminum wheels are just that......from low end VOXX and Konig to high end pieces - cast is cat. So there is little room for discussion on what cast is better. You are paying for a name when you pay more than the entry price.

Forged or 2 piece wheels are a whole other story.

If the CE wheels are forged or 2 piece, you might be able to quantify quality. However, their website does not give me specs....Hmmmm what are they hiding?

In closing, chose a wheel that is specifically machined for your car. The mounting pad of the wheel should be drilled for only one car, and designed to be hubcentric. Cheap wheels will be drilled for more than one car, this is what people call "universal." Cheap wheels have a machine bore large enough to fit every possible car. This machine bore lends itself to making your car shake.....
Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 PM
IPB

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Richie999
I set this response up with this statement....not to sound like an a$$, just to gain some virtual credibility....

Worked in the tire wheel industry for the largest indy tire co, was called upon by many manufacturers to provide wheel/tire support for SEMA cars.....

Cast aluminum wheels are just that......from low end VOXX and Konig to high end pieces - cast is cat. So there is little room for discussion on what cast is better. You are paying for a name when you pay more than the entry price.

Forged or 2 piece wheels are a whole other story.

If the CE wheels are forged or 2 piece, you might be able to quantify quality. However, their website does not give me specs....Hmmmm what are they hiding?

In closing, chose a wheel that is specifically machined for your car. The mounting pad of the wheel should be drilled for only one car, and designed to be hubcentric. Cheap wheels will be drilled for more than one car, this is what people call "universal." Cheap wheels have a machine bore large enough to fit every possible car. This machine bore lends itself to making your car shake.....
As I said I'm used to going with something more highend, but I liked the lok of these. I tried finding out how hey are made, but as you said there is no info available.

I'll probably end up waiting until I find something I can trust.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:08 PM

2011_C350
Again - what is high end? Is high end the price? If you are talking about a 2 piece wheel, then price might indicate high end.

I my opinion, all cast wheels are similar and therefore no real "high end" exists.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
There are three distinct methods of producing cast wheels, gravity, low pressure, and low pressure with a spinning mold. Here is some reading material.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...urrentpage=96&
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
IPB

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Richie999
Again - what is high end? Is high end the price? If you are talking about a 2 piece wheel, then price might indicate high end.

I my opinion, all cast wheels are similar and therefore no real "high end" exists.
Either somethign forged or two piece.