C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Powerchip special $350 price is back!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey powerchip dunno if you caught my question up above or not but will this affect the use of e-85 on the c300?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Powerchip
...Increased fuel economy..The tune pays for itself with a few tanks of gas!

Paul@Powerchip
Paul, if you’ve some independently documented fuel consumption improvements to share with us, kindly post them.
Or was this particular claim merely marketing puffery? :)
Old 05-19-2011, 05:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'13 C300 '14 E63S '08 E92 M3
so we do just call and say i read about the special going on and ill get it for 350$?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by ImageX
hey powerchip dunno if you caught my question up above or not but will this affect the use of e-85 on the c300?
Running E85 requires more fuel and ethanol has a higher octane rating so if you plan on running this fuel, let us know beforehand as the tuning principles will be different than a car running on pump gas.

Originally Posted by splinter
Paul, if you’ve some independently documented fuel consumption improvements to share with us, kindly post them.
Or was this particular claim merely marketing puffery?
The tune will ask for less fuel in certain load conditions than a standard car so the decrease in fuel consumption is a function of that. We don't market "fuel saving chips" as that is not the main purpose of our tuning, but we've had several customers claim a noticeable increase in gas mileage and it was an added bonus to the driving experience of the tune.

Originally Posted by IgorDj
so we do just call and say i read about the special going on and ill get it for 350$?
Yes

Our normal price for C300/C350 is $690, so at half off it's a steal. You get the throttle improvement of a sprint booster + hp/tq increase + dependent on your driving style an increase in gas mileage.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
The tune is undetectable by the dealership, and yes you can have a full refund if you are not happy with the product. No MB tuning company will pay for parts and labor on repair work that I know of, that being said we've never had that issue come up and don't plan on it anytime soon. It is a pretty straight forward modification.
I just wanted to clear up some misinformation that has been bothering me since this sponsor had me banned.

1. Their tune is detectable by the dealership and will void the warranty on your engine. If you have any ECU related issues (knocking, timing, unusual engine wear or damage) they will image your ECU and examine it for corruption/modifications etc. If they detect tampering/modification they will immediately void your warranty on your engine and you will not have a viable means of legal recourse.

2. Brabus and Carlsson other tuners will pay for parts and labor (at any Mercedes dealership) for any necessary repairs. My personal experience with tuning is from Carlsson, and they provide a written warranty that fully warranties the engine to 4 years and 50,000 miles. You are authorized to use any Mercedes-Benz certified technician for the repairs.

3. Powerchip says they've been in business 20+ years but they've "never had that issue come up"? They've caught people's engines on fire and I'm sure much worse. We've had people in the forums engines knock, seize, and pretty much explode after getting tuned. By presenting this as a "non-issue" completely ignores the fact that there is a risk, their actions are observable and cause an effect on engine performance, they can destroy your engine, and that damage will not be covered under your Mercedes warranty.

Magnusson Moss act was created to protect consumers from dealerships voiding warranties based on use of aftermarket products without just cause. In other words the dealership has to prove whatever malfunction occurs is a direct result of installed aftermarket parts. They can't void or refuse warranty work solely based on the fact that you have something aftermarket installed.
The act was created to prevent manufacturers from voiding the warranty because a consumer did not use OEM parts to perform repairs. However, when a replacement part is intended to modify the performance of the OEM part and not replace it, they most certainly can void the warranty on affected systems. I can't change the compression on my engine and expect Mercedes to warranty the engine from damage any more than you can change the combustion timing and expect Mercedes to continue to warranty the engine.

As far as my "agenda" goes, I think companies that can't operate honestly and deal with their customers with the respect they deserve don't deserve to operate in the open without being subjected to the scrutiny they deserve. Accountability isn't a 4-letter word.

Now that I've said that it's probably time for me to get banned again.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Peabody
...Now that I've said that it's probably time for me to get banned again.
Peabody, you weren’t “banned.” A ban from this forum is permanent. :y
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
08 c350
I can't believe they don't post any dyno numbers. Just baffles me because shouldn't they have created this tune on a dyne to begin with?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT

Our normal price for C300/C350 is $690, so at half off it's a steal. You get the throttle improvement of a sprint booster + hp/tq increase + dependent on your driving style an increase in gas mileage.
I'm not trying to bash Powerchip or target them in particular but any Tuner who states their tune will improve throttle like a sprint booster.

This is a complete false statement and is false advertising.

How this "improved throttle" happens is because the ECU is unplugged and the adaptations of the vehicle is cleared (please search for "Sneaky ECU Reset"). Later the vehicle adapts and your throttle is laggy once again. You will see most members post that they feel better throttle response after the tune. But ask them about their throttle response a week later.

I do agree that you will gain power and also your MPG will improve (not the first month because you will be driving hard ).

If I am wrong please let me know
Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by Karo
I'm not trying to bash Powerchip or target them in particular but any Tuner who states their tune will improve throttle like a sprint booster.

This is a complete false statement and is false advertising.

How this "improved throttle" happens is because the ECU is unplugged and the adaptations of the vehicle is cleared (please search for "Sneaky ECU Reset"). Later the vehicle adapts and your throttle is laggy once again. You will see most members post that they feel better throttle response after the tune. But ask them about their throttle response a week later.

I do agree that you will gain power and also your MPG will improve (not the first month because you will be driving hard ).

If I am wrong please let me know
Thanks for the questions, its only a handful of tuners that change the drive by wire maps so we understand why some consumers are sceptical about whats changed in a software upgrade.

And what Powerchip does for drive by wire mapping is pretty much unique.

I will get the techs to prepare up a screen shot specifically for the 350 and post it in the next 48 hours.

We know a lot about the 350, we have had one as a company car for three years as a daily driver, so its not like we just did the development one day and settled for second best.

We own one, and if we want to improve the map we walk outside the office and revise the program on our own car.

We probably should have communicated that we love the 350 engine so much we have owned one for three years, but at least in this thread everyone now knows

If anyone has any more technical questions please ask away and we will add them to the full technical reply we will make in the next few days.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Can you share the improvement specs for a 2011 c300?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Thanks for the questions, its only a handful of tuners that change the drive by wire maps so we understand why some consumers are sceptical about whats changed in a software upgrade.

And what Powerchip does for drive by wire mapping is pretty much unique.

I will get the techs to prepare up a screen shot specifically for the 350 and post it in the next 48 hours.

We know a lot about the 350, we have had one as a company car for three years as a daily driver, so its not like we just did the development one day and settled for second best.

We own one, and if we want to improve the map we walk outside the office and revise the program on our own car.

We probably should have communicated that we love the 350 engine so much we have owned one for three years, but at least in this thread everyone now knows

If anyone has any more technical questions please ask away and we will add them to the full technical reply we will make in the next few days.
Not saying this sarcastically but then you guys are the only ones or very few. I know members with Kleemann and other brands gave confirmation that the ECU reset gave them a night and day difference, which to me means that the pesky Adaptations took over their pedal .

When did you guys start manipulating the data? Recently? Impressed
Old 05-29-2011, 10:20 PM

c300
Running E85 requires more fuel and ethanol has a higher octane rating so if you plan on running this fuel, let us know beforehand as the tuning principles will be different than a car running on pump gas.
so not all c300 ecu upgrades take in to the consideration that it can use e-85 too?? cause i plan on using e-85 sometimes and then sometimes premium when e-85 isnt around... is this going to be a problem?
Old 07-17-2011, 03:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Benz, GLA250 4matic
how does a powerchip tune compare to kleemann as far as hp and tq gains? I have headers, will it be tuned diffrently?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:33 AM

C350
jump onto this guys.. it's worth it...
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 AM

W204 350
Datasheets

Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Mercedes-Benz C350 3.5 V6 at this time. Your vehicle has not yet been seen by Powerchip.

Please ensure you have registered your information, so that we may inform you when the Powerchip is released.

copy and paste from the powerchip website..... ???!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM

.....But the website says 10-14hp for 2008 C350?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by henrymug
Datasheets

Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Mercedes-Benz C350 3.5 V6 at this time. Your vehicle has not yet been seen by Powerchip.

Please ensure you have registered your information, so that we may inform you when the Powerchip is released.

copy and paste from the powerchip website..... ???!!!!
Sorry we have been working on a new website started from scratch so we haven't been updating the old one. Power figures are scrambled and datasheets are missing. It was a full time job fixing and updating our data to show up correctly on the website and somehow the figures still get messed up on their own so we've started from scratch and are close to releasing the new website.

Sorry for the confusion and if you have questions the best way to get in contact with us is via phone or e-mail.

Paul
949-646-1026
Old 07-17-2011, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
Originally Posted by hotcorner216
.....But the website says 10-14hp for 2008 C350?
what headers do you have? Im still contemplating buying headers and looking for feed back
Old 07-17-2011, 09:08 PM

OBX is what I have...not installed yet. I've done a lot of research and its either OBX or kleemann for best bang for your buck and I know its a HUGE price diff and of course I wanted kleemann but that way out of my budget just for headers. I hope OBX gets similar gains but I can't find anyone who's dynoed a C350 with OBX headers. I don't want guesses I want results so if u find any threads with results pls let me know.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:10 PM

Sorry we have been working on a new website started from scratch so we haven't been updating the old one. Power figures are scrambled and datasheets are missing. It was a full time job fixing and updating our data to show up correctly on the website and somehow the figures still get messed up on their own so we've started from scratch and are close to releasing the new website.

Sorry for the confusion and if you have questions the best way to get in contact with us is via phone or e-mail.

Paul
949-646-1026

How long has this issue been going on...? I've been doing research for months and that's what the site has said since february.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
oh ok cool, a lot of people were saying that the OBX headers are replica kleemann so im sure the results will be the same if not much difference. ill be looking forward to seeing your resuts
Old 07-17-2011, 09:17 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by jaeguyoon
I can't believe they don't post any dyno numbers. Just baffles me because shouldn't they have created this tune on a dyne to begin with?
Originally Posted by MBx3
Can you share the improvement specs for a 2011 c300?
Originally Posted by hotcorner216
how does a powerchip tune compare to kleemann as far as hp and tq gains? I have headers, will it be tuned diffrently?
You guys must be on Powerchips ignore list!!! LOL

Originally Posted by splinter
Or was this particular claim merely marketing puffery?
The tune will ask for less fuel in certain load conditions than a standard car so the decrease in fuel consumption is a function of that. We don't market "fuel saving chips" as that is not the main purpose of our tuning, but we've had several customers claim a noticeable increase in gas mileage and it was an added bonus to the driving experience of the tune.
I guess that makes it "puffery"...

Originally Posted by Peabody
I just wanted to clear up some misinformation that has been bothering me since this sponsor had me banned.

1. Their tune is detectable by the dealership and will void the warranty on your engine. If you have any ECU related issues (knocking, timing, unusual engine wear or damage) they will image your ECU and examine it for corruption/modifications etc. If they detect tampering/modification they will immediately void your warranty on your engine and you will not have a viable means of legal recourse.

2. Brabus and Carlsson other tuners will pay for parts and labor (at any Mercedes dealership) for any necessary repairs. My personal experience with tuning is from Carlsson, and they provide a written warranty that fully warranties the engine to 4 years and 50,000 miles. You are authorized to use any Mercedes-Benz certified technician for the repairs.

3. Powerchip says they've been in business 20+ years but they've "never had that issue come up"? They've caught people's engines on fire and I'm sure much worse. We've had people in the forums engines knock, seize, and pretty much explode after getting tuned. By presenting this as a "non-issue" completely ignores the fact that there is a risk, their actions are observable and cause an effect on engine performance, they can destroy your engine, and that damage will not be covered under your Mercedes warranty.

The act was created to prevent manufacturers from voiding the warranty because a consumer did not use OEM parts to perform repairs. However, when a replacement part is intended to modify the performance of the OEM part and not replace it, they most certainly can void the warranty on affected systems. I can't change the compression on my engine and expect Mercedes to warranty the engine from damage any more than you can change the combustion timing and expect Mercedes to continue to warranty the engine.

As far as my "agenda" goes, I think companies that can't operate honestly and deal with their customers with the respect they deserve don't deserve to operate in the open without being subjected to the scrutiny they deserve. Accountability isn't a 4-letter word.

Now that I've said that it's probably time for me to get banned again.
Great post Peabody! I think any sponsor making a legit claim would rather opt for full disclosure and would rush to answer questions... whereas in this case, and not to suggest that Powerchip is not legit, however, we are yet to see anything to substantiate ANY of the 4 claims that were made in the first post!

Paul
949-646-1026
ON 5/24/2011 (see post #34), you indicated that you will "get the techs to prepare up a screen shot specifically for the 350 and post it in the next 48 hours" and yet we haven't seen anything!!!

You have a C350 as a company car, you have the dyno machine, and I assume you have the techs to do the work... Would it really be that difficult for you to post something to answer all these inquiring minds?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:19 PM

Well if they're similar to kleemann then I should be in the 290hp range and ill be happy haha I want to ecu tune it too because I want to be over 300hp.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by IGB
You guys must be on Powerchips ignore list!!! LOL

I guess that makes it "puffery"...

Great post Peabody! I think any sponsor making a legit claim would rather opt for full disclosure and would rush to answer questions... whereas in this case, and not to suggest that Powerchip is not legit, however, we are yet to see anything to substantiate ANY of the 4 claims that were made in the first post!

ON 5/24/2011 (see post #34), you indicated that you will "get the techs to prepare up a screen shot specifically for the 350 and post it in the next 48 hours" and yet we haven't seen anything!!!

You have a C350 as a company car, you have the dyno machine, and I assume you have the techs to do the work... Would it really be that difficult for you to post something to answer all these inquiring minds?
+2! Haha
Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 PM

4matic C300
any update on this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Powerchip special $350 price is back!