C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sirius Since New Channels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Sirius Since New Channels

This is a different issue than in the other recent thread (no static or other noises, when it works). Since the channel realignment, my radio goes through a lengthy "Updating Channels" every day. It then also spends much time "Acquiring Signal". Our E Class doesn't update that often, but has intermittent blackouts. On another forum, I read that these symptoms are not unknown to Sirius. The Sirius radio in our Jeep is working perfectly.

I called them today and asked for "Technical Support Escalation" and was put through to a tech, who confirmed that they know of problems with Mercedes vehicles matching the symptoms I have. The tech placed an individual escalation on both of my Mercedes radios based on their ESN. She also said they are working on fixing the problem but have no ETA for the repair and cannot confirm at this time that the fix will not involve some change to the car!

If any of you are having these symptoms, I suggest calling Sirius and having your ESN number escalated for attention within the Tech Support department.