C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Cracked fog light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
Cracked fog light

I was washing my car today and noticed that the driver side fog light had cracked. "Looks" like a rock or some debris on the road might of damaged it.

Are the fog light easy to replace and do anyone know anything about after market ones? I'm asking because it seems that the fog light is made of %100 glass which cracks if something hits it hard enough. I thought most fog lights were made of some type of plastic so it doesn't crack when damaged, much like the head lights.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2011, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 c400 sport
They are not easy to replace but its not difficult.

You can take off the light surround by the 3 torx screws and feel around blind for the bolts with a stubby screw driver. If you have small girl hands then this will work. Another way is to pull off the front belly pan and work from underneath, not a lot of room but can be done.

What I did was pull the front bumper off and had all the room in the world to work and didn't get pissed off in the process.

BTW i'm certain over half, if not more, c class owners have had this happen.

Try laminex film on your new ones. It is possible for you to replace the fog and it break the same day
Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
Damn, it already sounds like a headache to do. Well it's just cracked and I can live with that I guess but it annoys me that it's there. Can I just purchase one from the dealership and about how much would that run me?

Thanks again Blazeitup, you've been already super helpful.