C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dealer Screwed Up 2012 C Class Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Both my C350s were located hundreds of miles away, I wanted options that were rare. My 08 car came from maryland, Im in NJ, and my 2011 came from Virginia, all at the dealers expense. My 08 was purchased may of 08 for 4k under msrp and the 2011 I got this april for 7k under msrp fully loaded, they were both leases too. The 08 I originally sourced showed up missing an option they claimed was there (dealer confusion) brought up from deleware and I refused delivery even after an additional 1k discount offer from dealer. As others stated, stand your ground and go elsewhere. Any decent dealer will simply keep browsing cars coming in 2012 to other dealers within 500 miles or less and as soon as something close or exactly what you want pops up they will grab it and trade with one of their cars. Its done every day in the MB world, half the cars sold are off other dealers lots that are "traded" Not really worth ordering a C for this much frustration and at no price point either, they will overcharge you
Old 07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
I could not order a car, but the dealers in L.A. are saying that they will "try" to get me MSRP when the C's come in. They keep saying they are so rare and will most likely be priced over MSRP unless I order... jerks...
Old 07-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
V8, Flat 6, V6, & Turbo flat 4
Take your business elsewhere, that dealer does not deserve your business. If they want your business and want to sell the car then they have to call you and do the work. They are clearly not even interested in your business!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F.A T.E.

SCREW ALL THIS EXCREMENT !

Call Mercedes Benz of Manhattan , MONDAY !

They're the ONLY FACTORY owned MERCEDES dealership in NORTH AMERICA.

ASK to speak to the G.M.

Tell them WHAT you WANT on your MERCEDES!

THERE WILL BE NONE OF THIS EXCREMENT INVOLVED!

Think of it as Non-European Delivery... 'Red Eye overnight to N.Y,N.Y. and a nice "break in" jaunt back to
the Pacific Rim.

"They" will remove all that "Bad Taste" the Thieves you've been dealing with have left in your mouth.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer Screwed Up 2012 C Class Order-screenhunter_01-jul.-10-01.47.jpg  

Last edited by compress ignite; 07-10-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 Coupe
OP will pay up or the next guy (standing in line right behind him with a fist full of cash) will pay offending dealership everything they ask for.

I know some of you guys will be sorry to hear this, but te reality is the new model is in HIGH demand. By ordering the car very early you signal the dealer "i'm on the hook".

Of course you can always walk away...impact on the dealer's side is negligible
Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by ImmaBeSmug2
OP will pay up or the next guy (standing in line right behind him with a fist full of cash) will pay offending dealership everything they ask for.

I know some of you guys will be sorry to hear this, but te reality is the new model is in HIGH demand. By ordering the car very early you signal the dealer "i'm on the hook".

Of course you can always walk away...impact on the dealer's side is negligible
Well said!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by amaycg
Thanks for all the input. The dealer does not have the price of the car yet, so technically, I have not bought it. There are no "terms" that we had, other than that I told them what I wanted back in April and they made me sign on the configuration.
I called other dealers and they told me that what my dealer is giving me is not orderable. I called my dealer back and told them that I was considering taking my business elsewhere. They said they would find out what was going on on Tuesday or Wednesday (because of July 4th).

I really do not want to cancel my order, even though I HATE the dealership. I have waited for months and my car's production is in 12 days (as of today). Apparently, the status changed and the dealer never called me to let me know (I had to call THEM). I just hope that the order options get straightened out before no changes are allowed to the order.

As far as the license plate is concerned, my salesguy said, "Oh really? We don't have to install the license plate? Yeah right...let me check on that for you." Two days later, no response. I called one manager and he said, "I'm not sure. Remind me of that when you call back." WTH? I'M SUPPOSED TO CALL THE DEALER NOW?! Yesterday, I called again and spoke to manager #2: Me: "Why am I getting no response?"
Dealer: "Why do you keep calling us?"
Me: "You are screwing up my order, that's why."
Dealer: "Ughh...I can't do anything. Call me back on Wednesday"
Me: "Until when can I modify my order? I need YOU to call me back"
Dealer: "Your car is in stage B1 (13 days to production)"
Me: "Why didn't you notify me?"
Dealer: "Just call me back on Wednesday. Thanks."
Me: "What about the license plate?"
Dealer: "Remind me of that when you call on Wednesday."

I'm still getting nowhere...
This is the first and LAST time I am ordering a car. I did not have to go through this on my 08 GL450, my S550, my 09 GL, or my current GL.
Maybe they could not make any changes that day, because the global ordering system Netstar was down. Just call them another day and they will change it...

I still don't suggest to order. Just wait until C-Class is released and find one in stock. This way you'll get a better deal. C-Class is not limited like CLS or G. So there will plenty in stock...
Old 07-10-2011, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by storm10
Maybe they could not make any changes that day, because the global ordering system Netstar was down. Just call them another day and they will change it...

I still don't suggest to order. Just wait until C-Class is released and find one in stock. This way you'll get a better deal. C-Class is not limited like CLS or G. So there will plenty in stock...
amaycg, I could not have this any better than what is above. Listen to all the counsel you have seen so far here, DO NOT get that car, and DO NOT believe what a dealer tells you. They will always tell you something is "rare" and "no stock" is available...they are trying to unload cars.

I think that many people forget and get caught up into the emotion..when buying a car YOU as the buyer are in full control. Meet my demands, or I walk. Period.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Here is the problem with the counsel provided here, I just checked netstar for the car in the OPs signature on order....there are exactly two out there and both are customer order cars. The OP can go with another dealer on a car that is about to start production but the one being built for the OP is no longer changeable and the build date is very, very soon.