C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Some recent mods!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 6spd > C300 4Matic
Some recent mods!

Whats up guys! I had mentioned a while back I was going to be putting some work into the car.. As of recently

Installed the Kicker ZX750.1 and 2 12" Solo Barics which sound amazing and just got the baby home yesterday all tinted up.

Don at Advanced Solar Control did an awesome job. For the headlights he left me the chrome strip so when I place the order for my wheels in a week or so it'll look sweet. If anyone's in the Toms River area and is looking for tint or what not let me know and I'll meet you over there. Putting an order in the for the TSW Zolders black with chrome lip. Next weekend I'm gonna be bringing it to a friend for the day for him to detail it so I can get those nasty scratches and stuff out. Let me know what you think, probably going to be doing my calipers silver before I get the wheels too.

I'm thinking about an exhaust setup but I'm worried about voiding my warranty. Any thoughts?

Let me know what you think! I'll grab a picture of the Amp/Sub setup later.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
looks good :Y lets see the subs!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM

2010 C300
Originally Posted by wnunez89
looks good :Y lets see the subs!
this haha
Old 07-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Sorry for crappy iPhone pics, although I just returned the Infuze for the iPhone again, much better lol

Ran the bass control know underneath, used industry 3m tape instead of drilling. While testing ran into the issue of the amp not powering off, after speaking to a few different installers they said it was from the noise cancelling blue tooth not turning the amp off so we threw a baby toggle switch in, found a hole already there under the dash and made it work, neatly too.

Any ideas on holding the box down? I'd rather not drill.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:44 PM

W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
I used some velcro attached to the bottom of the box and it stuck pretty well to the trunk tray of my last hatch.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:16 PM

99' Toyota Corolla
im in toms river area... whos your detail guy

also i need an exhaust guy

and a tint guy. Will your tint guy do 1 day turnaround?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Velcro was easy to remove after taking out the box? I don't want to degrade/ruin anything, but I'm thinking of going to grab a roll from Lowes quick lol

Detail guy is a friend up in new york, Don got me my car back in a day after doing all windows and lights. He also gave me an exhaust guy that he just brought his M3 to. Where in toms river are you?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:58 PM

Update: So I went to Lowes, picked up industrial strength velcro, and was able to get it sticking without actually applying any of the side with glue to the box or the carpet in the trunk. Great success!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Headlights look great I'm gonna have to copy you . Clean install in the trunk too nicely done .
Old 07-09-2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by hitokiri89
Headlights look great I'm gonna have to copy you . Clean install in the trunk too nicely done .
Thanks dude. Going to pick up some wire cover for the wires sometime this week. Real excited about ordering my wheels.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:36 AM

99' Toyota Corolla
Originally Posted by IllusionX
Velcro was easy to remove after taking out the box? I don't want to degrade/ruin anything, but I'm thinking of going to grab a roll from Lowes quick lol

Detail guy is a friend up in new york, Don got me my car back in a day after doing all windows and lights. He also gave me an exhaust guy that he just brought his M3 to. Where in toms river are you?

Im in hoboken/NYC but i have relatives in Brick which i visit very often and its pretty close to Toms River. I still need to put on my x-pipe and havent found a close place i trust yet
Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
like the tint on the tails....
Old 07-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by killerg
Im in hoboken/NYC but i have relatives in Brick which i visit very often and its pretty close to Toms River. I still need to put on my x-pipe and havent found a close place i trust yet
Yeh I've been looking, a friend of mine told me to ask my tint guy, he just brought his m3 in for the 3rd time I think, he keeps changing up haha but the guy he gave me comes recommended. I work in Brick and live in Toms River so I'm around all the time, let me know when you want to meet up.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:51 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
looks good bro, Im wondering what the size is on the box? That thing is HUGE. I guess if you dont need the trunk who cares right? Im running 2 10s in a box less than half that size and it pounds hard, looks like you got lots of room on the sides, if your handy shallow the box up and make it wider and more custom fitting.......regardless looks good
Old 07-10-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
looks good bro, Im wondering what the size is on the box? That thing is HUGE. I guess if you dont need the trunk who cares right? Im running 2 10s in a box less than half that size and it pounds hard, looks like you got lots of room on the sides, if your handy shallow the box up and make it wider and more custom fitting.......regardless looks good
Don't use the trunk much, been empty since I bought the car in september. Box is factory sealed from kicker. Not sure on the size of it, got the box, subs and the amp for less than 350 shipped to my house so it was worth it haha. It pounds, I don't even have it tuned halfway up and it's crazy. I'm gonna have to dynamat I think.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:55 AM

99' Toyota Corolla
Originally Posted by IllusionX
Yeh I've been looking, a friend of mine told me to ask my tint guy, he just brought his m3 in for the 3rd time I think, he keeps changing up haha but the guy he gave me comes recommended. I work in Brick and live in Toms River so I'm around all the time, let me know when you want to meet up.
I just finished my final class (woo... degree) so i am free pretty much free most weekdays now and weekend mornings, if youd like we could meet up and do x-pipes with him at the same time once you decide on what you want for your exhaust.

Warranty probably wont be a big issue since not much can go wrong with an x-pipe, but since you are not set on what you wanna do i think you gotta figure in how much you are willing to spend for a meaner sound and meaner exhaust looks

an x-pipe will cost you like 80 bucks and give you a decent sound and thats all you gotta change, if you really want quad tips youll have to spend 250 on a new diffuser and 100 or whatever for the tips too, if you get a full exhaust setup you are probably going to spend ~1k+ on everything including the exhaust setup and new rear diffuser
Old 07-13-2011, 08:51 PM

I just finished my final class (woo... degree) so i am free pretty much free most weekdays now and weekend mornings, if youd like we could meet up and do x-pipes with him at the same time once you decide on what you want for your exhaust.

Warranty probably wont be a big issue since not much can go wrong with an x-pipe, but since you are not set on what you wanna do i think you gotta figure in how much you are willing to spend for a meaner sound and meaner exhaust looks

an x-pipe will cost you like 80 bucks and give you a decent sound and thats all you gotta change, if you really want quad tips youll have to spend 250 on a new diffuser and 100 or whatever for the tips too, if you get a full exhaust setup you are probably going to spend ~1k+ on everything including the exhaust setup and new rear diffuser
Looking to do an x pipe, new mufflers, saw someone on here put up a video of them putting magnaflow mufflers on and it sounding really nice and probably quad tips. Not sure how I wanna do it yet but I'm definitely willing to take a ride with you, I usually work Sun through Thursday, but this week I'm working 2 other jobs on the weekend lol, I'm sure well figure it out though.

Anyone know why my Correct Tire Pressue red alert would come on in my dash even though all my tires are okay? Hmph =[
Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Excited as hell. Just placed an order for my wheels TSW Zolders 17x8 5-112 45mm offset. Black with the chrome lip from DiscountTireDirect.com, they had the lowest prices with free shipping, with black lug and lock set, and TPMS Rebuild kit with Stems(Kit and Stems free) for 670 shipped to my house. Going to use the tires I have on my car now because dealer put them on right before I got it. Here's a link - http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...zol.gbl.xl.jpg
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
bro ur car is looking good, not trying to discourage you but dont throw 17s on ur ride. U are so much better off saving up some $$ if you need to and go 18s minimum or 19s preferred. U would be better off just painting ur stock wheels, take my advice. After ur new wheel excitement wears off u will wish u had at least 18s or more than likely 19s. The only reason to keep stock tires is for winter or backups, not to switch wheels. These cars look weak w small tires/wheels, u will regret spending the money. Ive done lots of mods to all my cars, nothing worst than money spent u cant recoop. If ur after 17s as ur first choice forget I even posted this. If ur doing for budgetary reasons just wait. U can get a deal on someones nice wheels just keep ur eyes open. Im in NJ too and have 4 sets of tires/wheels for my C and got all of them for super deals. JMO not trying to hate or be mean, just advice. I did alot of mods I regret and threw money for nothing, talking from experience....
Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
bro ur car is looking good, not trying to discourage you but dont throw 17s on ur ride. U are so much better off saving up some $$ if you need to and go 18s minimum or 19s preferred. U would be better off just painting ur stock wheels, take my advice. After ur new wheel excitement wears off u will wish u had at least 18s or more than likely 19s. The only reason to keep stock tires is for winter or backups, not to switch wheels. These cars look weak w small tires/wheels, u will regret spending the money. Ive done lots of mods to all my cars, nothing worst than money spent u cant recoop. If ur after 17s as ur first choice forget I even posted this. If ur doing for budgetary reasons just wait. U can get a deal on someones nice wheels just keep ur eyes open. Im in NJ too and have 4 sets of tires/wheels for my C and got all of them for super deals. JMO not trying to hate or be mean, just advice. I did alot of mods I regret and threw money for nothing, talking from experience....
I appreciate the advice, I put 19's on my c230 for a little while, didn't like the ride after that and I'm in and out of NY all the time and the potholes kill the wheels and the ride. I'm good with 17's for now at least until after this winter. I'll post up some pictures when I get em, if I really like em I'll pick up 18s next spring. Did you notice any difference in ride from the 17's to the 18's?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Next time you're in Brick shoot me a PM and we'll try to meet up. We should try to get a car meet going around here.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
theres no difference in ride from 17s to 18s to most and to me too, its actually the same sidewall height almost. The older Cs like ur 230 had 16s and the optional were 17s, whereas the w204 are 17s optional the 18s usually AMGs. U always wanna match the largest optional wheel size at minimum, usually we go up one size w the same diamater overal for tire size, to keep speedo and such close. I have 2 sets of 18s and 2 19s. The 19s are a little rough, but the tires play a huge part. I have cooper Xeons on one set and falken 452s on the other. THe coopers ride harsh, very stiff sidewall and are slightly stretched (255/30/19 on 9.5) but the falkens are 275/30/19 on 10s and are smoother. 18s and nice tires are perfect, Im in NJ too and in and out of the city and rough roads, no probs w 18s. Perfect inexpensive tires are sumitomo ZR3s, an awesome tire. If ur good w ur 17s more power to u bro. Its ur car we all have diff tastes, I like being diff anyways right! post some pics when u get them on.........
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 PM

Excitement! Wheels shipped out to me today. You guys think it's worth ordering the black benz center caps as well?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 PM

99' Toyota Corolla
hey i just got my x-pipe done, sounds awesome, got it done by elite motors in south hackensack
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM

hey i just got my x-pipe done, sounds awesome, got it done by elite motors in south hackensack
What it cost ya? Where'd you pick up the pipe?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some recent mods!