C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Roof Rack Came Damaged - any advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Roof Rack Came Damaged - any advice?

Ordered OEM Roof Rack brand new 2 weeks ago, it promptly came in the mail.

Opened her up and it was damaged.

Called them up, they immediately sent a replacement, also damaged. The packaging seems as if it's impossible for it NOT to get damaged...

Has anyone ordered this via mail-order with success? Did you pickup from Dealer?
Attached Thumbnails Roof Rack Came Damaged - any advice?-photo-1.jpg   Roof Rack Came Damaged - any advice?-photo-2.jpg  
Old 07-28-2011, 11:23 PM

6spd C300 Sport
I got two from the dealer with the same results. The packaging, or really the lack of is completely worthless. They would have been better off just wrapped in plastic.

I should have just kept the first one because the one they ordered to replace it was probably worse but since it was free I just dealt with it. If you're paying for it though I would try and get some money back. It doesn't look like you'll be able to get one undamaged so I discount is the best I think you can hope for.
Or get another brand someplace else I suppose
Old 07-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
I was very lucky to have received one relatively unscathed... But yes, the packaging does stink for this accessory. I believe mine has one minor scrape which you only notice close up and a tiny piece of cracked plastic which isn't detrimental to the use of this product... Also, I got mine to merely store in the basement for the rare occasion when I need to bring home something enormous or in the future, a Christmas tree for the condo.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:55 PM

6spd C300 Sport
Yeah, I may never use mine either. If I ever use it at all, it'll be in the winter for snowboards so I figured it'll end up lookin like it does now anyway so I figured there was no sense arguing the point.
It is disappointing to see such shoddy packaging though, it's an unfriendly reminder there may be some prestige with the Mercedes name, but they operate like every over company.