C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Audio Problem After retrofit APS Command Unit (W204)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204 C280
Audio Problem After retrofit APS Command Unit (W204)

Hello, mbworld.org , Sorry if i the topic has resolved and i have double threaded, iam newbie here please help me out.

I'm From Indonesia, and i not very good in english. Ok here we go.

My car is W204(C280) with AMG packaged, the basic system in my country is not support GPS, or Satelite Radio, It's Equiped with 7 Logic Harman Kardon Speaker. And the monitor is suck, it's equiped with 5" monitor, and 6 cd charger with no dvd. so i want to changes the entertainment for my mercedes.

I have bought APS Command Unit with monitor motorised 7" from London, the monitor is made in Ukraine And Head Unit is made by Mitsubishi Motor Japan (6 DVD Charger). I tried to retrofiting my OLD APS Comand to that newer one, so i searching on google about retrofiting APS Command.

I made a new wirring to the diagram wiring scheme. I now have a New APS Command, the motorized monitor is work perfectly and the other function like bluetooth, voice command and radio and DVD+CD changer is work very-very perfect, except the sound is gone. I cannot find the setting for setting the sound. I have searching and searching, but nothing i have founded.. Also i have checked the enginering mode, I changes the value of "Internal Amp to External Amp" its still no sound, and what is DAB? I have the notification that "DAB is not installed" or something like that, so i need your help to solve my problem thank you very much.

Best regards. Nicolas-Indonesia.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1975 450SLC 2012 GLK350
You have to go into Engneering Mode and through the settings switch AUX on from off, at least that's what worked for me.

Cheers,
Scott-California

Last edited by Scadobe; 04-01-2014 at 09:53 AM.